Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Gopro player closes when trying to run 360 files and Jpeg

[ New ]

Had a fruitless day - first requesting a call back from support, when it came there was no one there! (from 01133205654) Then had a "chat" for over two and a half hours with three different agents - non sorted anything, the chat was ended by support.

The player will not run Jpeg or 360 files on my PC Widows 10 version 20H2 on Intel i7 4790K with Intel HD graphics 4600 (even after installing HEVC video extensions).

System error codes list "application error" and ".net runtime"

Any thoughts / suggestions?

GoPro

Re: Gopro player closes when trying to run 360 files and Jpeg

[ New ]

Hello, @paulg0146. If you haven't yet, perform the troubleshooting steps here. Let us know how it goes. You may also join the Player FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/658475918284901/for similar discussions. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

Have tried the troubleshooting steps - no change!

Contacted "support" - they asked for dxdiag for my computer. The reply from this was that my computer "can't handle the 360 file based on dxdiag". In a following call with support I asked what I needed to upgrade my computer and was told that this would be passed on and I would get this information by email or call back. This was a week ago and still no response!

(my computer spec; Asustek H97M-E Rev X.Ox motherboard, Intel Core i7-4790K @4Ghz Ram 8GB CPU, Intel HD Graphics 4600 GPU. Running Windows 10 version 20H2)

Any help / comments??

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @paulg0146. The minimal requirement is a GTX 1060. The app crashing or closing can also be due to the computer running multiple graphics cards, and prioritizing the high-performance NVIDIA or AMD card. Try the following steps:

• Right-click the GoPro Player icon.
  • Hover over Run with graphics processor (Note: this option will only be visible if you are using a Windows computer with multiple graphics cards)
  • Select Integrated graphics

Let us know how it works out.