Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro max VR player wont import .360 files

It seems very poor that go pro dont have their own editing software for 360 videos and instead we have to rely on other software providers to pick up where they left off. These cameras are available over a year now with very little gopro support.
Highlighted
GoPro

@tommymurphy, apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users.

Software Updates Release Notes can be found here GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter: Release Notes

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer.

Highlighted
GoPro

Just for clarification, to sum-up/reiterate, the VR Player is a 360° video player. The .360 files from MAX need to be converted first into a standard spherical video file format using GoPro MAX Exporter (Windows) or the GoPro Player (Mac).

Highlighted
Hiker

Your best free opton is to use DaVinci Resolve with the reframe360  OpenFX Plugin.

Best YouTube Video showing workflow: DaVinci Resolve - Reframe Qoocam 8K, Insta360 One R & GoPro Max FREE & DOESN'T SUCK!

Hopeful someday Go Pro will provides an option for Windows, but righ now holding breath... 

Best regards,

Mr. Ventures

Highlighted
Sightseer

Exactly! I have the same issue

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @toughcave4686. Our team is in very active development of the GoPro Player for Windows. If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can participate in the testing and have access to the latest build/version of the Player.

To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7 . Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

All this is not clear at all to me.

On windows (which I remember is the most used OS worldwide) should we wait for GoPro player or should we use GoPro VR player (which doesn't work), GoPro max exporter (which is slow also on high-end pc) or what?

It is a shame that in June we still don't have a simple, one-program to reframe our MAX videos...

Highlighted
Sightseer

Very well said. I bought the GoPro max a few months ago and I still can't use my footage because GoPro has no software to edit the 360 on my windows. They refer to the GOPro VR but that does not edit videos on the PC, it can only do it on the phone which is not an option for me as I don't have enough space there.