Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro max VR player wont import .360 files

Hi All,

Gopro VR player wont import .360 files, infact it doesnt even recognise them to list them as available. the files are visable on the micro SD card in file explorer, so they exist but are not visable to edit in the VR player windows software.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro max VR player wont import .360 files

Ok from reading other threads i got the fix for this using gopro max exporter from the Microsoft store. It's very slow to export the .360 files to be .mov files and the software hung up a few times.
I then tried to view the files in the gopro VR viewer and it was anything but smooth it was just jumping feom one still image in the video to another. My laptop has an intel I5 with 16Gb ram and a SSD hard drive so hoping it's not underpowered.
I'm wanting to edit the videos to work on YouTube VR
Any input oruggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

@tommymurphy, thanks for reaching out. Please ensure that your Windows OS is updated and the drivers are updated to their latest version. You can also see What Are the Minimum System Requirements for GoPro Player? for further reference.

Depending on the file size and the computer's performance, it may take some time to convert .360 files to .mov (5.6K resolution) format.

If you upload the converted file to YouTube, are you still experiencing issues with the playback?

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you, to upload to YouTube I need to add spherical metadata, when the video is uploaded it works fine on phones and pcs but not on my oculus quest. I'm going to try converting it to 0.564 and upload it and also try uploading with out adding YouTube's spacial metadata to see if i get any improvement.
Is there any go by guides from gopro to help with this that you are aware of?
Thanks
Highlighted
GoPro

@tommymurphy, there are no official GoPro guides, however, you can check out the discussion of other Hub members in this thread.

Highlighted
Tourist

I found that if i open GoPro Max exporter, and convert my max 360 to .mp4, i am at least able to open the video up in VR player.  But then the issue i ran into is i can not do any editing.  It is only a player and not an editing tool.  How am i supposed to edit in VR??? 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@jonathang0484, the VR Player is only a 360 video player that allows you to play with your spherical videos on your computer. You can get full creative control of your GoPro 360 footage with the GoPro FX Reframe plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro® and Adobe After Effects®. See GoPro MAX Exporter for more details.

For further reference, we are planning to add the same level of features for MAX Exporter (Windows) as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Alternatively, you can also edit your MAX 360 footage using the GoPro App on your mobile device. See How to Use Reframe in the GoPro App for more details.

Highlighted
Tourist