Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Gopro hero 8 no audio

[ New ]
Hi! I have issue with my gopro hero 8. It has no more audio.Before,I review all my recordings and after a few seconds the audio becomes so noisy like a scratch sound until yesterday when my recording has no more audio.I already reset the unit but it is still the same

Can anyone help me with this issue? thank you

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro hero 8 no audio

[ New ]

Hello, @narell8. Is the playback in-camera also exhibiting the audio issue that you observed? See if the issue is observed using other media players. If so, a manual update might help. 

If you haven't done it yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, do another factory reset. Test record after. Check the microphone holes as well to ensure that they are not blocked. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @narell8. Is the playback in-camera also exhibiting the audio issue that you observed? See if the issue is observed using other media players. If so, a manual update might help. 

If you haven't done it yet, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. After the update, do another factory reset. Test record after. Check the microphone holes as well to ensure that they are not blocked. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, @mariustanya Thanks for your help.I already spoke to customer support because no matter how much I tried to update it manually it will not update I even tried to update the gopro labs but still the same, plus there was no more audio in my gopro.

My Gopro is up for replacement and I will be shipping it this week.

Thanks for your reply.