Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro for desktop on PC show only black screen!

I have a Gopro Hero 5 Black that ive almost not used, so a few days aggo i started to recod my motorbike rides and tried the desktop app Quik, super easy to use and after i was finisshed i saved the film.

Then when i open and watch it its just all black screen, but with the music i choose and it plays like IF it was ok (time slider moves)

This happens both in Quik program and VLC.

I searched on the web and found a post about this that several ppl have this problem but no sollution, so what to do?

I am very new to editing films so i would like to start with this program and then move on if i find it fun, so this program not working may be a dealbreaker for me. :(

GoPro

Re: Gopro for desktop on PC show only black screen!

Hello @salvion

This is really not an expected outcome with the Quk for Desktop application. We have sent such feedback to the team and we will be posting updates once they become available. Better yet, you can get in touch with our Support team here for a more personalized assistance regarding this matter. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

@mariustanya

Hello and thanks for your responce!

Ive called support and they could not figure out what was my problem over the phone, so they made a supportcase and im sending ove DX files for my computer and we will take it from there.

GoPro

Hi @salvion

Thank you for posting back to share! Great to know that a case has already been created for your concern. Let us know how it goes. 

Best, 

Marius

Tourist

yesterday i got an email responce with a link to a version of Quik the support wanted me to try, but the link was dead/to old and dident work, so i answered that in the email, no responce so far.

Sightseer

I appear to be having the same problem - make a video in create with photos and videos - then when saved, the music and photos play but the video are just blank.  Have tried saving in different qualities with no success.