Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gopro Studio update VS Quik

I found a solution but I am not satisfied. There has to be another way.

My solution for now was to find a download of GoPro Studio on the internet. However, this is an older version of GoPro Studio, but it works.

After I downloaded GoPro Studio I downloaded Quik from the GoPro website and now I can open GoPro Studio from inside Quik like it is supposed to. However, this is an older version and I still hope to be able to install GoPro Studio the right way, but this will do for now.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same issue here, new macbook, need go pro studio to finish a couple of projects, the 'go pro qick' download says it includes the studio but I cannot find it anywhere.

Sort it out GoPro, do you really expect us to just switch to Quik because its your latest and greatest?

Highlighted
Anonymous

They haven't updated their website yet which is the part that kills me most.  They stopped support on GoPro Studio and are only pushing Quik at the moment. Like the previous comment, you can still find older versions of the Studio software but they didn't even give us a way to import those older files into Quik. Not sure I understand that one.  I feel like the hardware is SOOOOO good, and then software just falls unbelievably short. Little disappointing.  I may just switch to Adobe and be done. You definitely get what you pay for I guess.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Could you share that link with me?

BTW GOPRO PLEASE FIX THIS

BEING FORCED TO SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T FIT MY NEEDS ISN'T COOL

Highlighted
Anonymous

You can try this link for both versions. Toms Guide is a pretty reliable source. Do NOT use the green button on the right. Only use the links the site provides. Not sure if GoPro will allow this link to remain.  Also once you download the file run a virus scan on it. Not sure where these programs actually came from.  

Good luck

https://downloads.tomsguide.com/GoPro-Studio,0319-55289.html

Highlighted
Anonymous

I totally agree.Quik does not work at all for my YouTube needs. I need GoPro Studio on my new computer! Quik will not cut it.

Highlighted
Nomad

I just barely got Studio downloaded before they pulled the plug. So I have the most recent version of Studio.

So, shouldn't I have an executable file on my computer that I could share vis Dropbox or Google Drive?

If so, where would I go to find said file?

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

I found it thanks to another post. This is the most current version of Studio. I just downloaded it a week or two ago, just before it was pulled from Quik. It is shared thru Dropbox. This is directly from the GoPro website.

[Edit: Link Removed]