Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Gopro Studio update VS Quik

Hi @jefft and others,

Finally I have found the information I was looking for, it took an unreasonable amount of time though.

I stumbled upon this thread after bashing into google phrases along the lines of "how the hell do I open GoPro studio".  After reading this thread, it was shortly followed by "Why on gods green earth would go pro scrap studio?".

I presume it is because you will shortly be releasing a premium verson of studio?  From a capatlist perspective I can understand this, you have a monopoly on the hardware front (because, by the way, your product is the best), why not extend this success and hardware dominance for additional monetary gain on the software front?  However GoPro Quik is, beyond making stylised videos of your 6 year old's Frozen themed birthday party, perfectly synchronised to the beat of 'let it go', utter crap.  If you are not in the process of making better software then you must make Quik better, it does not fufill the full potential of your action cameras and you will lose customers as only more serious users will look into getting additional software to make and edit truly beautiful videos.  I find this decision baffling.

On a customer service note, why the heck have you not updated the desciption in the software download?  And, why is it so difficult to find the infomration contained in this thread?  This should be a big announcement that is bloody obvious for anyone who owns a GoPro, heck, anyone who is looking to buy one too.  I have wasted 3 hours trying to sort this out and after mein struggle, now feel inclined to let other users know what is going on.  All of this, whilst I should be practising a presentatioon I'm giving in a couple hours (by the way, if it goes badly, I will be blaming you GoPro...). 

Anyway, your hardware is great.  Please sort the software side out (or at least let us know what you are doing) otherwise this GoProer will be looking elsewhere.  Rant over.

Regards,

Ellispaz

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bring back studio, i won't be able to make videos easier, Quik is not quick for me so try again.Smiley Tongue

Spoiler

Spoiler
:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sightseer

To those looking for the studio for mac, from official link:  GoPro_Studio & Quik-MacInstaller-2.3.0.6256.dmg

Just in case, ".gopro.com/Mac/GoPro_Quik-MacInstaller-2.3.0.6256.dmg" insert "https://software" at the begining.

Tourist

Totally agree with many of the comments made so far. I've specifically purchased a new PC to use Studio and whilst I'm aware there are other editors out there, they aren't free. It's really annoying, poor service and poorly thoughtout. 

Hiker

@rapidbluff85743 wrote:

Totally agree with many of the comments made so far. I've specifically purchased a new PC to use Studio and whilst I'm aware there are other editors out there, they aren't free. It's really annoying, poor service and poorly thoughtout. 

Not completely true. You can use VSDC for free. It is a fully-featured program that will have a slight learning curve, but is free.

Sightseer

I haven't witnessed a worse, high profile catastrophe like GoPro removing Suite in a long time.

I can only guess the company is in a duck and cover strategy, from getting shelled in the market by cheap knockoffs.

Loyalty lost - GoPro should have seen this coming if they knew their customer base.

Sightseer

the version i have on my mac is 2.5.12

Tourist

Same problem, and cannot solved like the Gopro guy had told us above.
I did have Gopro studio,but after I updated latest version of Quik, I cannot open my Gopro although it is still there. After uninstalled Quik,I can open my Gopro as usual. But there are still problems,I cannot convert my timelapse photo into video to edit on studio. Now what should I do? Quik and Studio are now like a divorce couple who cannot stand each other. Really disappointed with Gopro. You have the means for taking photos and videos but cannot do anything with your products.