Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: Gopro Studio update VS Quik

Thanks @jefft.

I agree GoPro havent removed Studio from our computers. I think the issue is most affected folk (like myself) have had to do a clean install of Quick (various reasons: new computer, 2nd computer, formatted hard drive etc). And nce you install the latest version of Quick, and realise Studio is not part of it, there's simply no way to re-instal Studio.

Simon

Highlighted
Tourist

I agree Studio should be made available to download without support.

Of course users can find another application to edit videos but how about when they are in the middle of multiple projects and have a hardware fault on their machine?

Buy a new computer then have to start again with new software? Not really acceptable.

Moves like this don't go unnoticed, I hope the decison maker considered the reputation of the GoPro brand when withdrawing the software.

This isn't the only forum where people are complaining about this.
Tourist

Brasa 91 estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo vaya rollazoóóoóo solo 60 segundos....no se pueden editar a camara lenta y timelapse! !
Tourist

@jefft Thank you for your reply. I did notice there was a number of comments made since your last one over 5 weeks ago on 14 August 2017 asking for feedback on the same concerns I was having. Glad my comment brought your attention back ontop this very small group od GoPro supporters. Any options to retain GoPro Studio would be welcomed, as with or without support for this software it is still a user friendly option. Thank you again for replying with the information you had.

I am not really tech savy, but I will try my best to retain the current copy of Studio I have on my old failing computer. Good luck to everyone on this chat thread. They might be a bit old now as well, but I love my Gopro's, they led the way for products like this and I wish the company all the best to get back on top.

Tourist

Can you at least make Quik longer than 60secs....Up to 5 minutes at least?

Quik needs some big improvements Quick!
Sightseer

So how can I get Studio as a download for my new PC, now that it is no longer included on Quik? 

Tourist

@surfingsimon  Thank you for summing it up so nicely. That really is the crux of the issue. 

Tourist

@jefft Thank you for passing along the request again. 

You mentioned that, "Studio should not have been removed from any computers by GoPro. If you already had Studio on your system, you can continue to use it." That is not the case, at least for me. I downloaded Quik/Studio about 3 months ago onto a new desktop PC and was able to import footage into both programs at that time. A couple of weeks ago I tried to import more footage from the same device and was not able to import any footage into Studio.