Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Gopro Studio update VS Quik

Hi guys!

i had installed in my pc gopro studio since summer of 2015 - but never used it because i prefer to capture pictures.

Anyway - now i gathered around 300 videos that i want to unite them and make a summer vacations video, my question is:

1) what is the difference between "Quik" and the "gopro studio" ?  why in the download link it says "Quik™ | Desktop v2.3 with GoPro Studio" 

2)if gopro studio is needed also - how can i update it from the 2015 version ? as you can see in the screenshot, there is no "check for updates" option

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Gopro Studio update VS Quik

Hi @nicevista01817,

If you install the latest version of Quik it will come with the GoPro Studio update as well. You can find more about Quik here:

https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @nicevista01817,

If you install the latest version of Quik it will come with the GoPro Studio update as well. You can find more about Quik here:

https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

I downloaded the latest desktop version from the link provided and Studio is nowhere to be found on my computer.  Please help!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@infamous216 - With this latest version of Quik for Desktop, we're not including Studio as an add-on program. If you already had Studio installed, it should still be on your computer though.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the reply Jeff.  I found that after doing some digging.  My issue was that my PC died while editing. So when I pulled the data from the old computer I needed a few more minor touch ups on the video. I couldn't figure out how to bring the file  into the new quick and really didn't want to start over. I ended up getting it to work but I had some serious work arounds to get it finished. Just a bizarre set of circumstances. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi jefft,

After hours of searching on the internet I finally found a topic about the same problem.

I just got my laptop repaired. However, they resetted my PC. All my programs were uninstalled, including GoPro Studio.

I downloaded the new GoPro Quik for Desktop, but somehow it doesn't install GoPro Studio with it. Does this mean I won't be able to use GoPro Studio anymore? When using GoPro Quik I can only open videos in Quik. There is no "open in Studio" button.

Hope you can give some clarification on my issue, because I would like to use both programs to edit my new GoPro videos.

Kind regards,

Aron

Highlighted
Sightseer

But I want it on my NEW computer. I used it for rendering my timelapses and in quik i cant render the timelapse as an whole for me to use in my own software. Why did gopro removed the gopro studio, it makes no sense to me.

Highlighted
Tourist

i have same problem i need gopro studio ((