Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Gopro Player for windows 10 crashes after "Extract Current Frame" action. Could you help me?

[ New ]

GoPro

Re: Gopro Player for windows 10 crashes after "Extract Current Frame" action. Could you help me?

[ New ]

Hello @jesúsenriq02605

Is this only happening when extracting a frame?

Are you able to export photos and videos?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: Gopro Player for windows 10 crashes after "Extract Current Frame" action. Could you he

[ New ]

Thank you for your response.

The process I do on the GoPro Player Windows App is the following:

1 Opened a mp4 file called GH010074.MP4 and the window change its title to "GH010074.MP4". I played the video without problem, so there's a frame I liked in some part of the video and i stopped the reproduction to capture the image as jpg file.

2. On the menu bar I choose "Edit->Extract current frame" and a new window titled "GH010074.jpg" opens , the mouse pointer icon change to loading icon, after a few seconds later the app crashes and a new window with "GoPro Player stop working" message appears.

Note: After Click OK on the "GoPro Player stop working" window only the "GH010074.jpg" window is closed, main window titled "GH010074.MP4" still working and available.

I tested today the "File->Export" function with the default options settings and works property.

GoPro

Re: Gopro Player for windows 10 crashes after "Extract Current Frame" action. Could you he

[ New ]

Thank you for the details, @jesúsenriq02605. May we know which version of the Player is installed on your computer? We will share this feedback with the team in charge. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I deleted all my Microsoft visual C++ installations from my computer. I had over ten different ones installed. I tried everything else suggested and so many other things and nothing fixed it. Good luck and what a pain. It took almost a week of messing around with Windows in my free time. I was about to factory reset my commputer.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jesúsenriq02605 @greenrange21164

We have recently released an update for the GoPro Player on Windows.

Please have your app updated.

Let us know how it goes with the new version.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. I open the Go Pro Player App, run a video from it, and click on the icon to extract a frame shot. When I do that another window opens that says "Extract Frame Processing", it shows as 100% and then crashes the frame processing window plus the Go Pro Player application.

Running on Windows 10, with full updates etc. Laptop is only a few weeks old. 

Working from a GoPro Hero 8.

I would appreciate any help/resolution of this so that I can get the most out of my Go Pro.

Cheers

Nick 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nickn250. Which version of the GoPro Player is installed on your computer? Make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed. Also, install Visual C++ redistributable 2019 from Microsoft website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads . You may also join the Facebook beta program and download our msi that doesn't contain this issue.