Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Gopro Player for Mac do not open files

[ New ]

Bonjour from the south of France.

Subscribed to gopro cloud 2 days ago, installed gopro player on my brand new apple macbook air, all devices are up to date.

gopro max V2.0.0

macosx 11.2.2

gopro player 1.3.1 (604)

The gopro player doesn't open files (360 picture, 360 movie, regular picture attached to this post) saved from my gopromedia library that has been saved on the mac.

i'm able to launch the gopro player app on the mac, i can navigate through menus and even choose a file to open and... nothing does happen.

I tried to reinstall the gopro player app on the mac, same

tried to reboot the mac, same

Merci d'avance.

Emmanuel

9620373E-B9B0-4CC0-AE5B-8E692957A034.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Gopro Player for Mac do not open files

[ New ]

Hello @max2video

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @max2video. Try reproducing the issue on another user account or guest account. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

created a guess account and diactivad fire vault.

the gopro player app can open normal pict and 360 pict, but ... no 360 movies.

once i tried to open a 360 film, i can't open anymore the same files (normal pict or 30 pict) previously opened.

if i close the app, then re open the app, i can open both files but... not the 360 movies, and the same bug does occur, each time i open a 360 film i can't open any other files.

i then closed the guess account and tried on my adm session (without fire vault)

same conclusions:

flat pict and 360 pct can be opened now but once i try to open a 360 movien the app don't open any file selected.

sooooooo, first conclusion: there's a bug with firevault, once firevault is disabled gopro player can open flat and 360° picts.

second conclusion: once i open a mp4 file (mean a 360 movie from gopro cloud) the gopro app can't open anyother files, and i have to quit and restart the app.

how much do you pay client to debug you appSmiley Tongue

Hiker

[ New ]

by the way, VLC is opening all gopro files in a second, even a 45 minutes 360° movie from my Gopro Max.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

More results today.

tried from another session on my applemacbook air

downloaded both 360 and mp4 files from my media gopro cloud

360 files can be opened from goproplayer, but not the mp4 (in fact nothing does happen)

On my session, gopro player is acting the same as wirtten above.

soooo definitively, goproplayer on mac is not able to open mp4 files, it's a shame i have to use the iphone for the editing :-(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @max2video. We tested on our end and we are able to open both .360 and .MP4 files on a Mac running on OS 11.2.3. Will you be able to test on your end again? Make sure that your computer is updated to the latest version of its OS. 

Hiker

[ New ]

will do. (2.44Go so it's going to take time)

Hiker

[ New ]

just finished the update and... still the same issue as mentionned above.

we can setup a zoom conference if you want to see what happening on my mac (well as i'm not the only one, i would say our macs)

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @max2video

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Thanks!

Ej