Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Gopro Hero5 Black not importing Media

I have the Gopro Hero5 Black and it has worked fine since I purchased it a couple of months ago, however I hooked it up and opened the Quik App on my Mac today which is where I import all my media and an error message appeared "File can not be imported - There was an error importing one of your files try importing again"....If I then return to the app, the button I usually hit to start importing says "No files to import".

I have tried taking out the SD Card and reloading into the Gopro, I have tried shutting the app down and restarting as well as disconnecting and reconnecting the Gopro to my Mac but nothing works. I found 3 media files in the playback option on the Gopro that said "File not read" (or something along those lines) and I deleted them from the Gopro hoping this was causing the others to not be downloaded but again it made no difference.

I can download them straight to my computer but they don't save in a format that means I can use them immediately in Gopro Studio I have to convert them all which takes ages. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro Hero5 Black not importing Media

@aimeec56288 - When you import the files straight onto your computer, what format are they in?

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

They save as .m4v but then the GoPro Studio won't load this format of video!

GoPro Community Manager

@aimeec56288 - Typically, if they are saving as m4v files it's because the files were imported using Apple Photo or a similar app. The original files on the SD card should still be mp4 files. We recommend using Quik for Desktop to import the content since it doesn't convert the files the way that Apple Photo does.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

@jefft yes but if you read my original questions I explain how 'Quik' isn't allowing me to upload the media hence why I had resorted to uploading them using Apple Photo. That was where my problem began. I can't upload using Quik and would like to know how to fix that
GoPro Community Manager

@aimeec56288 - Are you able to access the files directly from the SD card? For example, can you insert the SD card into your computer (using an adapter) and move the files to the computer that way?

It's possible that the files are corrupted on the SD card. If they are, then Quik won't be able to import them, but we can help with suggestions on how to prevent corrupted files in the first place.

Thanks,

Jeff

Sightseer

I would like to add that I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Brand new GoPro HERO5 Black, imported files from camera into Go Pro Quic desktop for Mac about 4 times successfully in as many days. Then today, no error message, but after the camera shows up in Quic, the import media button (blue, center screen) is black and reads "No media to import". Todays takes are all on the camera and viewable in their entirety there, But Quic refuses to acknowledge the latest media. I formatted the Micro-SD card in the camera this morning to make sure there were no glitches from previous imported files, so it should have been completely clean before todays files were recorded. Tried switching cables, ports and rebooting everything.

I'm (obviously) very keen to see a resolution for this problem.

Sightseer

Same problem everyone...