07-05-2018 03:12 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing with the camera. Let us help. Which SD card are you using? Is it one of the recommended cards listed here? Also, try the registration process again through the following steps:
- Visit the HERO5 Session update page.
- Select "Update your camera manually" on the next page.
- Put in your camera's serial number and the email associated with your GoPro account on the spaces provided.
- Check appropriate boxes and click on "Next Step."
- This should complete the registration. The next steps will be for manual update process. You can proceed with the steps to eliminate any error with the current installation that might be contributing to the issue with the camera. You can do this even if the camera already has the latest firmware version.
You can also add your device under your GoPro Account. All you need to do is login to your account through gopro.com/login. Once logged in, go to Settings (gear icon on the left side of the page), then Devices (third tab on top), then Add Device.
Let us know how it goes. Feel free to post back for any other question or concern.