Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Gopro Hero5 Black not importing Media

this is exactly what it was. i have read and watched many solutions none of which worked.

This worked fine but for it to work i had to uninstall device and reconnect it to my pc and then disable enable.

Thanks man!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I am having the same issue. Just came back from 3 weeks traveling.. looking forward to importing my media to start making a video. Most of the files get imported fine, the rest are still on the GoPro but not on my MAC, what the hell is that about? I don't want to delete anything because I will lose the data, but I need to use it for other stuff on a daily basis. 

I don't understand how GoPro can get something so wrong when they bang on about how good and easy it is to use. So BS. I am forced to buy another SD card so I can continue filming.. cheers for wasting 600euro of my hard earned cash on GoPro and accessories to be left with nothing at the end of the day! Nice! 

Do us all a favor and fix the problem.

Highlighted
Sightseer

But most of us are Mac users, and this does not help us :(

Highlighted
Tourist

I have sat here at my Mac screen for 3 hours, trying to find a solution. No luck. Just used the Hero 5 Black for the first time today and like everyone else my files cannot be read, written or transferred on my Mac. This is the most frustrating piece of **bleep** I have ever experienced. How can you screw up a simple read & write on an SD card (and charge £200-£300 for your crap)?

And I can see up till now - Go Pro still no solution? 

I would bin if given the chance (but I'm returning this crap). Go Pro - two thumbs down from me, and your products deserves 0 stars. 

Yours sincerely,

Very Unhappy Customer 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @juliusy8

I am sorry if you feel this way. Let me see what we can do to get the issue addressed.

Is the camera being detected by Quik? Are you getting any error messages? Have you tested the camera with another computer?

Here are some links that may come handy:

Camera is Not Recognized on Quik for desktop - Mac

How to Import Camera Files to a Computer - Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Ej,

1. The camera is being detected by Quik - but like everyone else does not detect any videos / images within the GoPro (although you can view this in 'preview' mode on your desktop via the SD card folder and in the GoPro itself); there are no error messages;

2. I have only a Macbook Pro, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4;

3. None of your suggested solution works.

I have only been able to transport videos by sending files to my iPhone, and then subsequently transferring them to my Mac. Transferring a 4GB video took approximately 45 minutes, and I had THREE 4GB videos to transfer (wasted an entire evening).

GoPro needs to resolve this issue PROPERLY and stop referring to threads which do not resolve the issue.  

For the premium paid for this equipment I find it hard to believe how such a simple process of transferring files could fail so miserably. I have never experienced such a tech failure - even junk cameras bought from unknown cos could transfer files seamlessly.

Kind regards,

JY

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @juliusy8

Thanks for getting back to us. What SD card are you using? What software version is your camera on? Preferences> About this GoPro> Version Number

I will recommend doing a manual software update on the camera. **Please save any important files before proceeding.

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Quik for Desktop. 

Let us know if this makes a difference.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've got the same problem with my Hero5 Session.  Quik will absolutely NOT download anything, it just keeps saying "download cancelled", no explanation, no anything.  The first time that happened, I could still read the files with an SD card adapter.  But today, when the card filled up, and the camera turned off, it aparently didn't finish indexing the files or something, and now not only can't I download them with quik, I also can't read them with the SD card adapter, because they appear as corrupted.  This is some absolute bull**bleep**.  I never had any problems with my original gopro HD, it still works, perfectly fine.  Wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on this hero5 session, there are several other cameras out there people are NOT having this problem with.  I'd liek my money, and my time, back.