Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Gopro Hero5 Black not importing Media

I am having the same problem. Is there firmwear patch or anything that I can do to get this camera to stop this?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Folks - this problem has been solved and is NOT a GOPro problem.  It is a WINDOWS problem.

I was going nuts on this until I found this post which solves everything:

Re: New Hero5 black can't connect over USB anymore after firmware update [ Edited ]
05-27-2017 07:31 PM - edited 05-27-2017 07:32 PM
Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions in this thread.
Just wanted to post up another fix to this problem, as I'd tried all of the things suggested in this thread and none of them worked, including the Microsoft driv
uninstall and reinstall.
My problem was, with my GoPro connected, the computer would recognise it, but not show any of its contents, and it was appearing as an "Unspecified device
not view any of the content on the camera in either Windows of GoPro Quik, despite their being over 40GB of footage and photos on the microSD.
My fix was:
- connect the camera to my Windows10 PC.
- go into device manager (Windows + X key, then select device manager)
- in "Portable devices", disable the Hero5, and then re-enable it - WELLAH!
It now works perfectly on this computer every time.

Highlighted
Tourist

I am using a Macbook Pro. Running High Sierra 10.13.1

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm also using a Macbook Pro - new GoPro user and not impressed. Seriously frustrating.......

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ok..... had the same issues and your files are not corrupted its the APP!!! I have tried pluging it in different odres on my MAC and the only way i have had consistent sucess is

Step 1- have the USB pluged in to computer port and to gopro with it both on

Step 2- Open the Quick App.To the right of the Hero5 picture there is a setting button select the top box to auto import when camera is plugged in

It took a few attempts but its downloading fine. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Luckily works for you. I had already set it auto import, goes through initialisation (Applemac) then fails every single time. Really wish I hadn’t updated from my H3black with studio, so easy, now? Not so. Come on GoPro, otherwise eBay here I come and buy a camera that it’s software works! So infuriated, GoPro, your customer service sucks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

Million thanks ....sweetwater21623

Disabling and enabling the device from device manager worked.

I was breaking my head on this issue from many days.... Thanks a lot!

B

Highlighted
Sightseer

Wow. Utterly sad that with all the money that gets dumped into the GoPro Company that their support admins didn't know about this one right of the bat... like I get that it's a Windows problem but hey, someone should be able to answer this on in a snap.