Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Gopro Hero5 Black not importing Media

It's possible that if it's not importing the data that the files are either corrupted or are non-GoPro files. You should still be able to import them by moving them directly from the SD card using an SD card adapter.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Of course you can import the files from an SD card because that's literally its job. However, I don't want to have to take the SD card out everytime I want to import photos or videos. I'm having the exact same problem. Just came back from a trip, plug my GoPro in, my computer detects it, but then says there are no files to import. 

I think it's bad customer service that you keep responding that we can just import from the SD card when your actual device and software is not communicating properly. Please provide a real solution, I loved using the GoPro Hero5 Black but this is an annoying problem.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - I'm not suggesting that is the way you should import the files all the time. I am suggesting that until the issue is identified, to try using both import methods to compare the files imported (or not imported) by Quik with the files that are actually on the card so you can see what the issue is with the missing files.

As I wrote, it's probable that the non-imported files are either corrupt or non-GoPro files. Checking the files directly from the card will help clarify that.

Jeff

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same exact issues as reported above. "No media files to import", yet the files play absolutely fine on the camera itself when I go back to look at them. This is very frustrating and NOT why I spent a small fortune on this camera and accessories.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem, with a 4 though. It's actually BS.

Cant see files through Quick, can't import directly off SD as the card shows there are no files on the card except for the ReadMe and the DCIM folder, yet somehow, through quick there is over 60% of my 32GB used. Because there actually are files on the SD card.

When I Go through the Captrue App, I can see me files and the only way to import is to go wifi , download to my phone and then I'll have to transfer to my PC later, this is really NOT ideal! It's 20-30 minutes for a 10 minute file.

WTF is GoPro doing with the SD card? Why can I not just pop it out and plug it into my computer? WTF is GoPro doing to lock up the Card on removal? I had files that were on the card that were clearly GoPro system files. Am I not following proper steps to turn the camera off? This card was formatted before I inserted it. This is an ongoing problem and I have lost footage beacuse of this. I want a solution so I am not forced to look into Nikon KEY ones

I have tried multiple things, reinstalling device and software on both phone and computer. Camera is on current software.

This problem is all over the community boards yet there is not solution that works?

I would like to be able to have Quick Open, Plug in my device and Quick recognize the device and read the files from the device so I can transfer them, it does not.

I would like to be able to remove my SD card from my deevice and copy the files directly to my PC, I Cannot.

I can only record videos and then transfer them wirelessly to my phone!! WHT THE EFF do I need a GoPro then When I could just use my **bleep** camera on my phone?

Totally frustrated with this

Highlighted
GoPro

@grandbluff14803,

I would recommend reaching out to support directly so they can help figure out what is going on there! They should be able to help you out. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem here. In addition battery life sucks, the touch screen is unresponsive, the side cover is difficult to open, overall very disappointed with this camera especially for what it costs.  It's going on ebay

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same problem here.  Hero 5 is really problematic.  Manual updates, need to pull files off of SD cards directly.  Get with it Go Pro.