Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

Gopro Fx Reframe, strange form in the footage with Pr 12

[ New ]

Hi,

As you can see on the screenshot attached, it appears a strange form in the footage.

I use PR 12.

Thank you for your help

Vincent

VIDÉO_0459.00_00_00_05.Image fixe002.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Rif.: Gopro Fx Reframe, strange form in the footage with Pr 12

[ New ]

Hi,

Thank you, the gopro fx reframe beta works fine with gpu intel hd graphics 4600

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Rif.: Gopro Fx Reframe, strange form in the footage with Pr 12

[ New ]

anche a me stesso problema con premiere 18

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stoutshore22331 @sunnyhero01128

Please refer to: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi
I have donwloaded the latest version of pr plugin gopro fx reframe 1.0.3.97 but i have always the issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have this issue as well. Running 1.0.3.87 for Mac and have this same distortion in the center of my video. Doesn't exist in the exported video from GoPro player and it doesn't exist in PremierPro 2020 until I apply the GoPro FX Reframe plugin. It exports with the video as well. 

Please tell us how to fix this. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@brianr77135, please see if the suggestions of other Hub members in this thread will work for you.

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, yes and no on the suggestions in the other thread. 

I've found the source of this issue is a trig calculation error the exists in intel GPU's, typically embedded chips. I have one in my 2018 Mac mini and that's the source of this issue. For me the fix is to put an eGPU in place, not sure if others have that option or not. It's not an inexpensive fix. This is the fix the FX Reframe plugin and specifically the artifact at the EWNS intersection.  

I was able to manually install the VR reframe plugin which isn't as full featured as the FX plugin, but I guess it will do until I can build an eGPU. I did have to change my render engine from Metal to OpenCL to get the VR reframe plugin to work. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Quindi per risolvere occorre sostituire la scheda grafica?! Se si esiste una lista di schede consigliate? O gopro aggiornerà il plugin per risolvere il problema?
GoPro

[ New ]

The issue is with the OpenGL trig function precision within some Intel integrated graphics CPUs.  This error occurs on older or less expensive laptops or computers that do not have a dedicated GPU.  Without a discrete GPU from NVidia or AMD, one option is an external eGPU, if that is available for your setup. Or as mentioned above, the older VR Reframe (not FX) should work.

GoPro

[ New ]
We have produced a test that confirm the Intel GPU issue, and potential fix. The test is here https://www.shadertoy.com/view/3tKXz3
If your PC or Mac shows color, please join the beta test group for a new version of the GoPro FX Reframe. Beta tester signup is here: https://forms.gle/KvUuVXAmQFy5YXUV8
BadGoodGPU.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Thank's,

this link https://www.shadertoy.com/view/3tKXz3 doesn't work with chrome but it's fine with edge.

Unfortunatly i have the bug with intel gpu...

GoPro

[ New ]

If you signed up the beta the patched version should be in your inbox now.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi,
I signed up the beta but i didn't receive the patched version....
GoPro

[ New ]

Here is the email:

GoPro FX Reframe Beta

Hello Beta Testers,

With the recent public release of GoPro FX Reframe 1.1, all the known issues were addressed, but one: Intel integrated GPU support.  We have since determined which GPU operations cause the square box artifact on Intel GPUs and have coded around the error. 

The new installer linked below, should operate on all systems that are also compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 or better.  Intel GPUs will now offer the same output quality as Nvidia or AMD GPU systems. 

Mac Download

PC Download

All feedback is welcome.

Thank you.

- GoPro 360 Team

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

Thank you, the gopro fx reframe beta works fine with gpu intel hd graphics 4600

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm seeing this although a lot more blurred on Premiere Pro 2020 on a 2018 MacBook Pro 13" with Touchbar.

Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro Support,

Since version 1.1.1.120 of the Mac version of the GoPro FX ReFrame plug-in has been available here for 3 months and it seems to not be a beta version, could the download page at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-FX-Reframe/ta-p/412890 be updated with this version?  I can't count the time I lost trying to track down this fix.

GoPro

[ New ]

update to version 1.2.1 now.  Released today.

Tourist

[ New ]

Can I ask - has this fix hugely increased export times on Intel GPUs?

I was using an older version of the plugin and my exports were around 20 mins. However, I noticed the artifacts when I watched the video back. I have updated to 1.2.1 today and my export of the same video is now around 2 hours. Is this to be expected or have I done something wrong?

Thanks, Tim

GoPro

[ New ]

The higher quality is more complex, although not that much more so.  So it is not clear to me why you are seeing a six times increase. If you upgraded from the very old filter with Intel GPU artifacts, the trig function emulation is slower (Intel trig on there GPU is broken), that might be part of the reason.  For Intel GPUs, it might expect up to 2X slower, for everyone else is should be slightly faster.   

Tourist

[ New ]
I believe I have worked out the issue. When the plugin was updated I think it turned motion blur back on. That’s why it was taking so much longer to render. Thanks for the quick reply.