Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPros split up my 30 min vids in 3 files. The 2nd file will not import & gives a quikcapture 9912

[ New ]

I have 3 GoPros and just started shooting longer 30min vids. Each GoPro seems to chapter the 30min vid into 3 files. Weird, but not a big problem. My issue is that the 2nd file on each GoPro will not import. It gives me a 9912 error. So I only get the first 11mins and the last 3 or 4 mins of my work with the middle of the vids missing from each GoPro. How do I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPros split up my 30 min vids in 3 files. The 2nd file will not import & gives a quikcapture...

[ New ]

@alertsurf8356, file splitting into new chapters is called Chaptering in the GoPro camera -- when taking a video recording, the camera will automatically segment into a new file chapter once it has reached a certain size. This chaptering is intentional so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be affected and not the whole thing.

How are you importing the files from the camera (e.g. via USB-C cable)? Try using an SD card reader/adapter to connect your microSD card to your camera.

Additionally, can you please provide us a screenshot of the error message that you get when attempting to import the files?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: GoPros split up my 30 min vids in 3 files. The 2nd file will not import & gives a quikcapture...

[ New ]

@alertsurf8356, file splitting into new chapters is called Chaptering in the GoPro camera -- when taking a video recording, the camera will automatically segment into a new file chapter once it has reached a certain size. This chaptering is intentional so in the event of a jolt or crash that causes a file to become corrupted, only a portion of your video will be affected and not the whole thing.

How are you importing the files from the camera (e.g. via USB-C cable)? Try using an SD card reader/adapter to connect your microSD card to your camera.

Additionally, can you please provide us a screenshot of the error message that you get when attempting to import the files?

Tourist

Re: GoPros split up my 30 min vids in 3 files. The 2nd file will not import & gives a quikcaptur

[ New ]

It works fine when I use Quik. However if I try to use Image Capture I consistently get the 9912 error and then lose all the files or chapters between the first and last ones. It's not a problem as long as I have access to Quik. Is there any way I can get it to work with Image Capture on my mac? It would be nice as my other devices go through that app.

GoPro

Re: GoPros split up my 30 min vids in 3 files. The 2nd file will not import & gives a quikcaptur

[ New ]

@alertsurf8356, I see - thought that the error was from the Quik for Desktop app. I found this online discussion about the said error using Image Capture that might help. You can also contact the Apple Support Team for further assistance.