Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro player not opening .360 files

[ New ]

Same.  Can't open .360 or .mp4 files in GoPro player for Mac.  Tried 2 reinstalls and it finally opened one .360 file.  Once that was closed same problem, can't open that file again or anything else.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue.

Workflow is:

1. Download 360 file from plus.gopro to 'downloads' file
  2. Open Gopro Player via finder
  3. Gopro Player finder window opens
  4. Browse to downloads folder and double click on 360 file.
  5. Nothing happens

I have tried rebooting my computer, Reinstalling Player, Redownloading files, opening previously working files. None works.

I did find if you long click on the Player icon in my sidebar and click 'Show All Windows' it comes up with severa along the bottom of my screen, and some of those I can click on and use. But none of the new files will come up.

The Player app used to work without a hitch, but now seems completely unusable.

My computer is a Macbook Air running OS 10.15.7 and the current Player application.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having the same issue as above. Able to download and click on a file to open in GoPro player, but noting happens after that. Was working a month or so ago...

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem. I can open normal GoPro 8 files from an SD card, but the .360 files don't show up when I click on them. Im on a 2018 Macbook pro.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bradd20000 and @bradd20000. Were you trying to open .360 files that are saved on your computer? Were the files also downloaded from the Cloud similar to @barrywalstead' s post? 

Which computer were you using and which OS is it on? Have you been able to open .360 files on the same device before? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro Player installed? Any error message encountered? 

These details will help us further isolate the cause of the trouble. We hope to hear back from you. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

exactly I have the same problem.. I am also using the same Mac version... the problem is, I open Gopro Player -> File -> Open -> selected the video to edit and all options are greyed-out... any help please...? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @premananth7

What version of the app are you using?

What OS is your Mac on?

Are you able to click the trim or the frame icon?

Would you be able to share a screenshot?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am have trouble in Windows GoPro player opening 360 files I keep getting the following error. (I'm using current version of Player)

Screenshot 2021-01-26 131346.png