Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro player not opening .360 files

[ New ]

I am having the same problem. Deleted all local temp files that GoPro Player and Quik use and still can't get GoPro Player to play ANY files. Downloaded multiple times. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @deltajuliet. Which version of the GoPro Player are you using? Is your computer also running on macOS Catalina version 10.15.5? Does the resolution setting for the 360 media matter? Have you been able to open, edit, and render 360 files on the same computer before? Do you get any error message?

These details will help us isolate the source of the issue. We hope to hear back from you. If you can include a screenshot or a short clip showing your workflow, this will be greatly helpful. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
It actually won’t play any media... I just tried a regular video from my Hero 8 and that won’t play either. My GoPro Player version is 1.2.1 and I am on Catalina 10.15.5. I tried 36 different files one at a time. Not all at once.
GoPro

[ New ]

This is odd, @deltajuliet. We just tested using GoPro Player version 1.2.1 and we were able to open files without any issue. 

What resolution settings are your videos recorded in? Have you been able to open, edit, and render 360 files on the same computer before? 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I was able to edit a 360 video file back in March without any issues on this computer. The videos are 5k resolution.

The computer I am using is a 2019 Macbook Pro. VLC seems to open and play the .360 file without a problem.

GoPro

[ New ]

We will pass this along to the team, @deltajuliet. Will you be able to send us a clip showing your workflow? You can upload it to YouTube, or Dropbox or Google Drive and share us the link here. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am having this same problem with a 360 time lapse that was formatted as a .360 video inside the max camera. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @landii60. We'd like to gather a few more details to help isolate the issue. Could you please tell us your workflow on how you import the file from MAX to the GoPro Player? Also, do you get any error message or prompt during import?