Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro media recognized but will not play in Quik

[ New ]

Does anyone have a solution that works? I'm running Windows 10 on a high end laptop. Quik desktop connects to my Hero7 and will download all available media files. When attempting to view or create though, the screen will become blank and the program will stop responding. The videos will play in Windows but never work in the Quik app. This is extremely frustrating. Looking for answers.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GoPro media recognized but will not play in Quik

[ New ]

Hi everyone,

Quik for Desktop's playback issue is typically related to the software having difficult time to process the video for preview. I do have a suggestion that may help:

• If using dual graphics card, right click the Quik for Desktop icon and hover the mouse over the option "Run with graphics processor" and choose "Integrated graphics."
  • Quik for Desktop will relaunch automatically.

In addition, you can also try running an update on your Graphic Card drivers to ensure that they are up-to-date.

Is the playback issue happening on all videos? Or is it only apparent on videos that were recorded using high resolutions and with the high FPS available (e.g. 4K 60FPS, 2.7K 120FPS)?

As for the HEVC videos, Quik for desktop will still copy these files to your computer, but they won’t be able to access them through the software.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

Have a simular problem as well. Imported video to Quick and the video files show a ? and won't play. I recorded in 2.7k this time. However I can see the video in my Windows media player with the HEVC extention. GoPro Studio wont even pull it up for editing either. Does Studio or Quick need a HEVC Extention too?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi everyone,

Quik for Desktop's playback issue is typically related to the software having difficult time to process the video for preview. I do have a suggestion that may help:

• If using dual graphics card, right click the Quik for Desktop icon and hover the mouse over the option "Run with graphics processor" and choose "Integrated graphics."
  • Quik for Desktop will relaunch automatically.

In addition, you can also try running an update on your Graphic Card drivers to ensure that they are up-to-date.

Is the playback issue happening on all videos? Or is it only apparent on videos that were recorded using high resolutions and with the high FPS available (e.g. 4K 60FPS, 2.7K 120FPS)?

As for the HEVC videos, Quik for desktop will still copy these files to your computer, but they won’t be able to access them through the software.

Let us know how it goes.

Ann