Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro max Exporter Has Stopped Working - High CPU Usage

Immediately after dragging the .360 file into Max Exporter, my CPU usage jumps to 90+ % and everything just starts dragging and the picture never shows up in the upper right hand corner of the exporter window.  As soon as I click on the start button, I get the "GoPro Max exporter has stopped working" message and it closes.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, after reboot, exporter and the codecs 3 times with the same result.  I am running the latest version of Windows 10.  When I take the same .360 file to my office work PC, exporter works fine.  I replaced my video card with an nvidia 1660 card with no improvement.  I have tried waiting for 90 minutes after dragging the file into exporter before clicking on start, same result of continuous CPU usage above 90% even before clocking on start.  My pc processor is an Intel E8400 core two duo.  I would suspect the older processor but it seems weird that the CPU usage is so high simply by dragging the file in, before I start the processing.  Help me please.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro max Exporter Has Stopped Working - High CPU Usage

@rogerf13586, first off, make sure that your computer met the minimum system requirements for GoPro Player. Additionally, run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. 

Does the issue only happen when selecting a specific combination of resolution and codec?  

Highlighted
Tourist

No, it occurs regardless of resolution or codec.  As soon as i drag the .360 file over the CPU usage goes to 90+ %.  It defaults to The cineform option and i can't change that until after I drag the file over.

Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, correction. It defaults to the h.264 and 4k option.

Highlighted
Tourist

I saw another thread about this issue where someone shut down all other background activities with success.  I tried it and was able to export in all formats.  The CPU still showed about 95% but the export worked.  I still can't watch cineform 5.6k videos on that PC but I can take the Cineform file to a faster PC and watch it fine.  So, bottom line, I can do the job but would probably be better off in the long run upgrading my PC to something newer and faster.