Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GoPro hero 5 isn't importing pictures into the computer, computer prompts "device is locked"

Hi,  

I didn't have issues importing to my computer the first time.  Now my computer says that I have no new photos and to make sure that my device isn't locked.  I'm not sure how I would even unlock the device in the first place and I have plenty of new pictures on my app. How do I unlock my gopro hero 5 to import? .. other than the obvious swipe down of unlocking the screen because I have already tried that.  I also already downloaded the new update, restored to default, and downloaded the desktop and mobile version of the gopro app to view and import my pictures.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 5 isn't importing pictures into the computer, computer prompts "device is locked"

Hi @grayridge38063,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble importing those new files. In order for the computer to be able to see the camera when you plug it in you may need to hold the front power/mode button down so the camera goes into USB mode. We also have an article that may help iron out any other issues you are seeing:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/How-to-Import-Using-Quik-for-desktop

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro hero 5 isn't importing pictures into the computer, computer prompts "device is locked"

Hi @grayridge38063,

Sorry to hear you are having some trouble importing those new files. In order for the computer to be able to see the camera when you plug it in you may need to hold the front power/mode button down so the camera goes into USB mode. We also have an article that may help iron out any other issues you are seeing:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/How-to-Import-Using-Quik-for-desktop

Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan