Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Webcam app not launching windows 10

[ New ]

This is garbage software that will not work with my Razer Blade Pro 17 (2020). Here's how this works, when I download software and a device has this much trouble connecting to my pc and functioning as a webcam like GoPro is saying, then it's garbage software and unacceptible. In no way shape of form should you not just be able to download the software, connect the device via usb, and have it work. The plain and simple truth, the software is GARBAGE and I don't think GoPro knows what they are doing as far as this working on Windows. Why even release this??? GoPro get it together - the clunkiness of this garbage software is a joke and in no way should you be having this much trouble getting this to work. IT SHOULD BE SIMPLE!!! 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @seanjmary

What webcam app version do you have?

We have recently released an update for the app.

Check out https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/sw-team-devops-rimo/apps/gopro-webcam-for-windows-beta-1/distribut...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

I have a windows 10 pc and the gopro webcam app will not launch. GoPro Hero 8 black is updated to latest firmware, the webcam utility/app was downloaded 10min ago.

Computer was restarted and gopro is connected via usb.

Gopro is recognized in OBS studios as a webcam, but the utility app is not opening.

The program is also recognized in task manager as an active task which, in order to end, needs to be selected and "end task" clicked several times.

Any idea what the solution is to this?

Thank you

hi i have the same issue. when using the webcam app i get a black screen, ive tried uninstalling, reinstalling the new version, but still get the black screen.

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

I have a windows 10 pc and the gopro webcam app will not launch. GoPro Hero 8 black is updated to latest firmware, the webcam utility/app was downloaded 10min ago.

Gopro is recognized in OBS studios as a webcam, but the utility app is not opening.

The program is also recognized in task manager as an active task which, in order to end, needs to be selected and "end task" clicked several times.

Thank you

Tourist

[ New ]

@thunderpup28 wrote:

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

hi i have the same issue. when using the webcam app i get a black screen, ive tried uninstalling, reinstalling the new version, but still get the black screen.

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

@thunderpup28 wrote:

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

@bearagorn wrote:

Hi,

Thank you

@thunderpup28 wrote:

hi im having exactly the same issue, last week was fine, now i get a black screen, i've uninstalled, reinstalled, updated to the new version. and even uninstalled my anti virus. i still get the same issue. the computer reconises it and the gopro says its inweb cam mode, but the on the app is just black.. even discord doesn't work now as it cant see anything

Hiker

[ New ]

THANK YOU ... had the same issues, but luckily found your essay.

Geez, GoPro ... 

Sightseer

[ New ]
I was facing similar issues in Win10, 64bit, where preview was not working and specifically Zoom as well.

Issue is directly tied to corporate managed VPN, Cisco AnyConnect. When VPN is disconnected, camera functions as expected. Unfortunately I need to be on VPN nearly all day so this needs to be addressed if possible.