Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Webcam Not Opening

[ New ]

I am having an issue with the gopro webcam app where I try to launch it and nothing happens. I have tried all the possible solutions I have seen and nothing seems to work. My computer is detecting my go pro if that helps. Any fixes? Thanks! 

GoPro

Re: GoPro Webcam Not Opening

[ New ]

Hello, @peppyexper37552. Which computer are you using and which OS is it on? Which camera model do you have? If you haven't yet, you may check the solution/workaround shared in the GoPro Webcam Facebook group. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I am using windows with a 9 black for a gopro. I tried to apply for the facebook group but haven't been able to get in so far.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Im having the exact same issuie keep getting a error message 

opening in admin does nothing restart dosent do anything

error.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have shared this with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Can I please be added to the facebook group? I have been waiting to be added for a few days.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Any follow up from the team?

Tourist

GoPro Webcam Not Opening [+1]

[ New ]

error.png

I have the exact same problem, as apparently do many others. It would be nice if we could get a "timely" solution here. The application always crashes on startup (manually, as well as Windows Boot Autostart)

Here my details

Camera: Hero 10 Black with latest firmware update v1.20 (Dec 15, 2021)
App: GoPro Webcam (1.2.0.738)

When can we expect working software here? Smiley Frustrated

Sightseer

[ New ]

Why wont the App work for the brand new max 360 I just bought?  says it only works with 8 and up?

Tourist

Re: GoPro Webcam Not Opening [+1]

[ New ]

As well. win 10 latest update,gopro hero 9 latest firmware version.the program does not start (how did someone find a way to fix it?

2021-12-23_22-09-10.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here. I need the webcam function very urgend. Any idea how tofix the issue?

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have the same problem. Any ideas?

Camera: Hero 10 Black with latest firmware update v1.20 (Dec 15, 2021)
App: GoPro Webcam (1.2.0.738)
Tourist

RE: GoPro Webcam Not Opening [+1] again

[ New ]

It's really starting to be more than just sad that a company offers such poor support/response times. Now, of course, someone can quickly claim it is a support forum for help articles, etc.

But if it is officially announced on the company website as a "GoPro Support Hub", it should also be observed by GoPro employees and (attention pun) "supported" by them or?

Meanwhile, it seems to be no longer an isolated (single user) problem, so an answer and support for the number of customers would certainly be appropriate. One notices it perhaps a little, that I am so slowly very upset. But that's really unbelievable support in this price range.

What other "officail" support channels do you know, so that in this months-long problem finally comes movement purely?

Tourist

RE: GoPro Webcam Not Opening [+1] again

[ New ]
I 100 percent agree!

I really need the web cam function to a important call on Tuesday. On my private PC it's working but not on my company laptop. Unfortunately I need to use my company PC for the call.