Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Webcam Issue

[ New ]

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps. What I noticed is the windows drivers have not recognized the GoPro Hero 8 as a webcam. It would be helpful if there was a driver that was released where I could install manually. Not fully sure about all the details, but I am guessing if it is recognized as a driver it may not be able to be recognized as an MTP device. It would still be nice to see a Webcam Driver released for "Advanced Users Only" or something like that.

In short, the Hero 8 app loads up, and I see the blue dot then when I ask for the preview it turns to the red dot, but the preview never pops up. I have Direct x installed as well as zoom. Zoom Crashes when I now try to load any video related sources in the settings and now the actual meeting. It would be really nice to see this developed more for windows devices since the Mac users are virtually in full function.

Computer Details:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
System Model: AX370-Gaming 5
GPU: ATI FirePro V9800 (FireGL V)

Thank You Greatly!

GoPro

Re: GoPro Webcam Issue

[ New ]

Hi @neb411

What version is the camera on?

Instead of the Zoom app, can you please try it through a web browser?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

The camera is at the newest version, as well as the Beta application.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @neb411. Which version of the webcam utility is installed on your computer? When connecting the camera, is the USB connection set to GoPro Connect? 

Zoom, whether on the app or through Chrome should work with the HERO8 Black and webcam utility for Windows. For tips and troubleshooting, see How to Use Your GoPro as a Webcam

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya 

I have done all the troubleshooting techniques. It is likely do to the Ryzen system.

All software is up to date. The computer recognizes the camera, but won't display the preview on any application.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @neb411

Were you able to test it with a web browser?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 @mariustanya 

I tested on a different computer with intel proccessor with NVIDIA graphics and it seemd to work. I will be waiting for support for the Ryzen CPU and Legacy graphics cards. I am looking foward to it. See the previous messages for my system build. Thank You!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update @neb411

We'll have this shared with the team.

Regards,

Ej