Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur

[ New ]

You didn't mention looking in your Applications folder which is where the app is installed.

Sightseer

[ New ]

same issue.

Macbook pro, intel based.

big sur. fully patched

latest MS teams, 

latest gopro webcam software

Camera has latest firmware

app icon appears in toolbar

preview does show video output

but does not appear as a camera in any of the apps.

MsTeams or Facetime.

I assume you need to sign your drivers. please fix.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Ok after much testing here is where I am at....  The Camera/App is working with all video conferencing platforms except for Google Meet in safari - works in Chrome.  How, Every time my computer goes into screensaver or power saving mode the camera isn't recognized by the webcam app and I have to shut down the app, unplug the camera (powering down has occasionally caused a panic) and then plug back in power on. Now here is the strangest part... when I start up the webcam app it doesn't recognize the camera, I have to shut down app again and restart to get it to recognize camera and then it works.  To make sure the my caldigit isn't part of the problem I now plug the camera directly into the laptop. 

GoPro Webcam Version 1.1.319

Big Sur Version 11.3

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.33671

Zoom version 5.6.4 

gotomeeting Version 10.16.0 Build 19598

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya and @aragon1006, any updates to my previous message?  Also curious if others are still experiencing the same issues even after the latest webcam update?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @macstash

We do not have any information we can share but we'll let you know once an update is available.

Thanks!

Ej