Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

Re: GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur

[ New ]

I use BigSur on an Intel Mac. Used to be able to run the GoPro as a webcam using the app but since doing a fresh install of the OS, can't anymore. The webapp no longer recognizes my GoPro? I am unable to see the preview. A reinstall of the app didn't help. What's up?

Also, why can't we download the webapp on the Apple Store?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, i have the same problems with my Apple Mini M1.

In short, i follow this issue from the start because i have bought this Mac from the beginning of the production/presentation of the product.

I have bought this camera for the main utility of GoPro and when i discover that i can use it like a videoconference camera i was excited, so i didnt buy an other camera.

This problem can be obviate downloading the Intel version of the app of Zoom and not the M1 dedicated version (only with Zoom, the other like Google Meet idk), i dont undestand this thing. An other advise that i can tell to the community is tha latest: it is possible in future  moment that your camera it will be not recognizable by Zoom. I remedy this problem eliminating the Zoom App and reinstall this one another time.

I hope that GoPro Family or anyway, the organization due to resolve this incompatibility, will solve the situation.

Bye 

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm not talking about Zoom etc. My issue is with the GoPro webcam app itself. It's proven to be complete rubbish.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi

The camera version is 1.52. Webcam version 1.0.224. MacOs 11.2. Mac Mini M1 2020. 

I'm still able to use the Intel desktop version 5.4.7 of Zoom. I cannot update to the new versions of Zoom. 

The camera is NOT compatible with 

- Microsoft Teams desktop or web

- Zoom web

- FaceTime

This is not what I paid for... 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem. I'm using a Hero 8 with a MacBook Pro M1 chip. Works with the webcam app in preview but no where else.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the exact same problem! So frustrating 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I wish someone would fix this! I have the same problem and can only use the intel Zoom version to get it to work.

Tourist

[ New ]

@GoPro please fix this, it is the primary reason I purchased the camera.  Also to add to everyones frustrations I experience an issue where my monitor and camera are connected to a caldigit TS3+ hub and everytime when my computer goes into power saving mode, I have to restart the camera and webcam app because of errors. 

M1 Macbook Pro - 11.2.3

GP Webcam app - 1.0.244

Zoom - 5.6.1 - not showing

Teams -1.3.00.33671 only works with this hack - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/microsoft-teams-mac-os-client-is-not-recognizi...

Goto Meeting - 10.15.0 works

Google meet - never worked.