Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
GoPro

Re: GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur

[ New ]

Hello, @aurelianot76. Try re-installing the webcam utility and see how it goes. Make sure that your camera has GoPro Connect set under USB connection. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have big Sur and have no ability to use my GoPro Hero 8 with my iMac on Facetime. 

Zoom is fine. 

What's going on here? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @peppyspiri821

We'll have this shared with the team.

Are you using the Zoom app or is it through a browser?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I stand corrected. 

The Gopro Hero 8 camera doesn't work on Zoom in Big Sur. 

It did work on Catalina (Zoom), but not on Facetime. Now it seems like neither Zoom nor Facetime recognize the hero8 camera - effectively making it a useless webcam. 

The Hero8 software does still let me "preview" the video from the camera on the computer, so it does tell me that there is a signal that is able to come through from the camera. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @peppyspiri821

We'll have this checked with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Te funcionará a ti, por q hemos probado esta aplicación en varios equipos con Big Sur y en ninguno hemos conseguido que funcione
Tourist

[ New ]

Buongiorno, contatto voi dato che il servizio clienti non è disponiblile, inizio con il dire che non ho avuto problemi con il download dell'App GoPro Webcam, il problema frustrante che sto rilevando come la maggior parte delle persone (da quel che ho letto) è che l'anteprima funziona ma la videocamera non viene rilavata da NESSUNA parte (Zoom, Skipe, G.Meet, Facetime, Fotocamera ecc), richiedo urgentemente indicazioni per la soluzione a questo inghippo, grazie.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @ipersuperplesca

Have you tried using the camera without the battery?

Instead of using the app, try accessing the streaming platform through a browser.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej