Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Hiker

GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Le fait que l'installation nécessite un "reboot" me fait légèrement hésiter car cela pourrait indiquer des risques d'incompatibilité plus importants.

Quequ'un peut-il confirmer que l'application GoPro WebCam fonctionne aussi sur le nouvel Operating System d'Apple: Mac OS Big Sur?

Merci

GoPro

Re: GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur

[ New ]

Hello, @flupk. Yes, the GoPro webcam feature works on Mac OS Big Sur. Our team has been using the same OS for development and testing. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello yes ther Perview works on Bigsur. But now after the update I can not coose the Gopro anymore in the zoom ap or in facetime.... Can anyone help?

Sightseer

[ New ]

The GoPro Preview feature works on BigSur, but FaceTime and Quicktime no longer recognize it as a Webcam. Super frustrating, as I use my gopro hero 8 to record screencasts.

Tourist

Re: GoPro WebCam on MacOS Big Sur - Zoom and Webex notes/questions

[ New ]

First, my first effort in installing the GoPro Webcam app under Big Sur failed but after I rebooted, reinstalled, and rebooted again I found the GoPro Webcam icon appearing just fine on my toolbar and preview worked great.

As to Zoom, I found Zoom worked with the GoPro fine.  Just had to go to Zoom's Preferences, click the Video icon, then select GoPro camera in the drop down box.

However, I was NOT able to get WebEx to switch to the GoPro camera on my Mac either using the Mac Webex app nor trying to run it via Chrome.  Anyone have any success?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, Everyone. Here are some popular tools that support GoPro Webcam on Mac

• YouTube Live - Using Chrome
  • Zoom - App/Chome
  • Webex - Using Chrome 
  • Slack - Using Chrome 
  • Google Meet 
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Skype - Using Chrome
  • Twitch - via OBS
  • BlueJeans - App
  • GoTo Meeting
  • Facebook Rooms - App/Chrome 
  • Discord - Using Chrome
  • Snap Camera

If the camera does not work as a webcam on applications other than those in the list, you may check with the platform to see if there are other settings that need to be checked. 

@redboost84808 What happens when you try to use the camera in Webex via Chrome? Do you get any error message? 

Tourist

[ New ]

My bad.  I restarted Webex being sure to cancel the prompt about wanting to use the app and, using Chrome as the interface, my GoPro worked fine.  Still no joy from the app - the GoPro camera doesn't appear as an option - but Webex via Chrome DOES work on my Mac.

Thanks for the prod.....

Tourist

[ New ]

Do I need to re-install? I upgraded from Catalina and the webcam app stopped working.