Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro = Very Disapponted, much hype and the software doesn't work!!!

[ New ]

Your product is terrible, the software is not user friendly at all and it doesn't import. Customers want to take the product out of the box and it just works. I've wasted hours with your desktop apps that crash and the files do not import. Terrible terrible product.  Extremely disappointed. Not a good look for GoPro, too much money spent on the marketing hype and not enough spent on making the software user friendly and actually work.  GoPro a complete waste of time I'll be returning mine.

Tourist

Re: GoPro = Very Disapponted, much hype and the software doesn't work!!!

[ New ]

First week as new gopro user (gopro max) and completely agree. Really thought this was an established, slick company, but pretty poor so far. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Agree.  Constant issues.  Uploaded 2.0 yesterday.  Now my PC will not recognize my device.  This occurred in the recent past with another version of software.  While the footage is clear and the stabilization is rad, it sucks to be fighting software.  Disappointed is an understatement.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

Make sure that MTP is selected for USB Connection when transferring files.

See Camera is not Recognized when Plugged into a Computer USB Port  for reference

If you are experiencing crashing issues, please go over these links:

Quik for desktop Crashes while Opening Create Mode

How to Resolve GoPro Player/GoPro MAX Exporter Crashing Issues

You may also check Programs to View and Edit Videos

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I used to be like you.  Then quickly learned GoPro is a trash company that was on the verge of bankrupcy a couple years ago.  Hardware is fantastic.  Everything else is absolute trash (support, software, etc).

Nothing but problems since I got my first GoPro 2 years ago.  I'm only on this forum right now because guess what....  The first time I've wanted to use Quik software in months, it doesn't f***ing work.  ALWAYS PROBLEMS.  Like literally EVERY SINGLE TIME I've wanted to use my GoPro the last 2 years.  I've had 2 different high-end laptops, 2 different GoPros, updated software, etc, etc.  ....And you'll quickly learn the whole GoPro customerbase is going through these issues.  It's the company's fault, not yours.

My advice is to return it now while you still can.  No joke.  In hindsight I wish I could've returned it within the window.

Can't wait until I can afford a non-GoPro action camera so I can stop dealing with headache after headache of simply trying to use my videos!!!  Ugh.