Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro VR reframe plugin works for 1 clip in Premiere then nothing else

I've tried this in both Premiere 2018 and 2019 fully updated. I'll create a sequence, add fusion clips, then apply the effect. I'm able to use FOV, pitch, roll, yaw, etc just fine on the first clip. I move to the next video clip and apply the effect... only FOV works. Pitch, yaw, roll have absolutely no effect regardless of their value. I have no idea what is going on or how to remedy this.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: GoPro VR reframe plugin works for 1 clip in Premiere then nothing else

Hello @highonhawaii. If you haven't tried it yet, re-install the VR plugins and try to apply the effects on a different clip. See detailed instructions here : https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/fusion-2-0-beta-update-for-your-gopro-fusion . Let us know how it works out. Thanks! 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the advice but I've used both the plug-ins that install with fusion studio and the beta ones. Both produce the same results. I've even noticed that if I only change the FOV the pitch will change on its own as if there are keyframes even if I leave it at 0. It will head towards the tiny planet look. The VR plug-in seems to have become sentient and does whatever it wants.

I'm really hoping this is some dumb thing I'm overlooking and can be easily rectified once I figure it out. I just have no idea what's happening.

Highlighted
Explorer

Don't make a sequence first. Let adobe create it using your media. This might be causing issues. What are your computer specs? The plugins work fine on my computer, but if I have a significantly large project and have a lot of effects, I notice that it can cause Premier to stop accepting vr effects. Usually if I just save and restart my computer I can get it to start working again. I have an i7 32GB RAM SSD NVIDIA GTX 1050ti, which is pretty low end for this type of editing. If your computer doesn't meet or exceed those specs, it's most likely the issue.
Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

Are you making vr 360 video or Overcapture standard view? Do not put the VR Layers plugin on your clips as this is for text overlay. If you do, it will mess things up considerably. For 360 vr use GoPro VR Horizon and for Overcapture standard view use GoPro VR Reframe. While you can use both VR Horizon and VR Reframe effects on the same clip when making and Overcapture Standard video, you shouldn't use it for 360 vr videos.

I often export my videos in both vr 360 and in Overcapture standard video. To do this, I first add the VR Horizon and in the preview mode of Adobe I put it into the 360 vr mode. I then keyframe the view to keep the subject centered without input from the viewer. Once done, I export this as a 360 vr video.

To make a Overcapture standard video, I then go back and add VR Reframe to all of the clips (BTW, these need to be on the actual clips, not on a layer). I mostly use the Reframe just for FOV as Yaw, tilt and roll have already been adjusted previously. The only exception to this is when I want to do things like little planet. In this case, I'll delete the VR Horizon and do all of the effect edits using Reframe.

Be sure when exporting an Overcapture standard view video to uncheck vr video in your export options in Premiere.

Highlighted
Explorer

One more thought, what are your export settings in Fusion Studio? Are you using 360 or are you using OVERCAPTURE? You need to use 360 of you want to use the VR plugins with Adobe Premiere Pro. It doesn't matter if you want a 360 vr video or an Overcapture standard video, you should export from Fusion Studio as 360.

Also, what setting are you using for stabilization? Anti-Shake keeps the orientation of the camera and is best used for Overcapture. Full stabilization Locks the orientation and removes movement. it is best for 360 vr videos.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using 360 and full stabilization. I created an HD sequence and threw them all in. I just think it's really bizarre that GoPro VR Reframe works perfectly fine on the first clip, then goes totally haywire on the others.