Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)

[ New ]
My GPS stickers are greyed
Backpacker

[ New ]

Sounds like you didn't optain GPS lock before recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA5SNPXhiqU

In this video I discuss GoPro GPS tips and tricks and show you why you may not be getting proper GPS information on your GoPro Video's.If you have any questi...
Sightseer

[ New ]
My GPS is locked! I tried in HERO mode and in 360 mode. It’s working in HERO mode and not in 360 mode… I hag a GARMIN Virb 360, and I changed for the GOPRO MAX… I’ am really disappointed because it used to work really good on the GARMIN…
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello Kajuna, I'm also interested in a coupon code, may I have one please ? I have a Hero 9 Black and that's frustrating to not be able to use the gauges.

Many thanks

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi telemetry stickers was working good for me on my iPhone since last quik software update I don't see any mors option to add stickers would you mind to confirm if this functionality isn't available anymore or I have to do something in my app?

Backpacker

[ New ]
Hi,

I don't have an iPhone, but on Android I have to download the video file from the camera for the stickers to be available. I don't really use the official apps, for GPS data, so others might have better information.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi -

As a Linux user I was feeling a bit left out - I was looking for free software to render widgets on top of GoPro footage with GPS.

Dashware seemed to be dead, and the others seemed to be quite expensive i thought - (I know you write one of them, not knocking it - seems very good, but above my price range, and didn't seem to support linux)

So I made something - it would probably suit only people who are quite IT confident. Its written in python.

You can check it out at: https://github.com/time4tea/gopro-dashboard-overlay

Here is an example frame from the current software:

Please do give feedback - perhaps not in this thread - currently there are zero users, so there is probably a lot that needs to be done.

There is also various GPMF / GPX parsing code in there too, so it could be used for learning too, if interesting.

Screenshot from 2021-09-29 17-35-29.png
Backpacker

[ New ]

That looks fantastic! And the interface seems simple enough for how much it does. I will link it in the top post.

(Side note: Telemetry Overlay does have a Linux version, but it's not listed everywhere due to the very low demand so far)

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your kind words!
Sightseer

Betreff: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)

[ New ]

Could I get a code for telemetry overlay?
babi67@t-online.de

Thanks!

Tourist

Betreff: GoPro Telemetry Resources (software)

[ New ]

Hi,

About GoPro telemetry software, I have started to write my own tool "gpx2video".

You can find it : https://github.com/progweb/gpx2video

gpx2video

overview.png