Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

GoPro Studio won't load a saved project plus other issues

I have a couple month old Dell 5510 with killer specs for video editing:

- Quad core

- Nvidia Quadro M1000M

- 16gb ram

- 512 PCIe SSD

- Windows 7

Issue: GoPro Studio will not load a saved project.  Studio keeps crashing: window pops up and says it needs to close, looking for solution to problem.

Studio will open and acts normally just won't load my saved file.

Prior to this issue, it hung up on trying to save so i had to force Studio closed.  I tried opening the original saved file and the auto saved file.  i tried opening sutdio then opening the saved file and i get a different message window: Loading error, Error while loading project. Some or all of the project may not have loaded. 

Studio has been unstable and has crashed during the making of my video but always loaded the file.  However, early on during step one in Studio, It would not load a saved file no matter what i tried so i had to start over.  So basically, Studio has been unstable from the start.

I have followed all the steps here: https://gopro.com/support/articles/how-to-resolve-gopro-studio-20-crashing-issues, and it's NOT loading in safe mode either.

i tried right clicking and trying compatibility mode and changing the graphics processors. 

Give me some more ideas, because i have hours invested in this project and i do not want to start over but it is looking that way.

Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio won't load a saved project plus other issues

Update: Original saved file shows 0 bytes.  Assuming all is lost.  Sucks!

I deleted the auto-save fles in an attempt to see if this would fix the issue.  They are permanently deleted of course - wiped from recycle bin.

I won't be using Studio anymore until someone can help me figure out why my brand new PC is doing this.

Anonymous

In lieu of learning another video editing program, and not wanting to redo step one in GoPro Studio since most software won't accept an avi file, i decided to give Studio one more try last night.  i had sucess in making my video with only one crash and i think it had to do with my anti virus program called Avast! Business Security causing the crash if i had to guess.

I started off with Avast set to a 1 hour "off" period.  it was right about an hour or so into the project and it crashed.  i turned Avast off completely and was able to reopen the auto-save file and everything was still there.  Exported and voila, back to happy and satisfied again.

I have more edits to perform so I will try this same procedure again and see if the crashing subsides.

Anonymous

GoPro Studio is still freezing even with Avast anti virus turned off.  But... it only froze up once, and after forcing it closed,  i was able to retrieve my auto save file and finish some final edits and export.  At least I got through it.

For anyone reading this saga, and experiencing issues, i have found the "Quik" app to be the way to go.  Super easy on my ipad air 2 and never locked up, froze, quit, etc.  Plus it produced awesome quick videos with music sync so the video plays to the beat of the music.  Not a good choice for complex or long videos but under 3-4 minutes and it's the way to go.

Anonymous

@Anonymous

I would recommend creating a creating a GoPro support case. The link is below 

https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

-Marc 

Sightseer

Hey everyone. Possible solution. I tried opening a saved project in Studio but it would open the finder window, and when you select the project it just wouldn't open and I couldn't close the window. Turns out that if the original videos used to make the project are saved off the harddrive of the computer you are using, it will not pull the video. As soon as i plugged my external harddrive to the computer, i was able to edit everything without restarting from scratch.

Hope this helps!

Sightseer

@jasonp56565 Can you please elaborate on this further..? I have all my gopro clips saved onto an external hard drive. I have 2 projects on it also. Gopro studio fails to open the projects. And they are there..! Both files are about 2MB each. When you click on the project you want to open, Studio will fail to open it, then displays the finder window again with the project greyed out and you cant either open the project or close the finder window. Any advice on how to get my project back..?