Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Tourist

GoPro Studio video refuses to play after a few seconds in story mode

[ Edited ]

I have created a project using GoPro Studio. I imported source videos, took my markers, added them to conversion list and removed the source video on the left sidebar. Then I went to edit and added my rendered clips to the story board. I saved the project and tried to play my clips from the story board. After a few seconds the video freezes, the sound from the video plays a bit longer than the video itself. So I can just see a few seconds from the story board. I have searched the internet about this a lot. Nohting found. I have also installed Quick Time Player and have reinstalled GoPro Quick with Studio. After opening again my project, the same issue occured.

Any help would be nice. I am using Windows 7 64 Bit.

Explorer

Re: GoPro Studio video refuses to play after a few seconds in story mode

On the top right of studio on step two you need to change the playback to a lower resolution.  In your case you probably need to be on quarter resolution instead of the default of half.  This wont effect your final exported video, but your computer isn't able to keep up with the playback demands at the current setting.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yeah, AMD FX 4100 @ 3.6 GHz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 is not enough... Never had such a problem on any gfx software.

The strange thing is, that it works perfectly on first step. This problem only appears on second step. And I can change the playback resolution to anything that I want, it doesn't work neither.

Explorer

What did the GoPro support team suggest you do?
Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I asked the support for help. I did what they said without any effort. They told me to remove underscore in folder name, move it to the c drive and activate GoPro Studio as an 3d app in nvidia settings. This works for most of the games, but for GoPro Studio it didn't.

Well, now I am wating for their answer. Meanwhile I tried to use openShot as an video editor. There I can play videos with a bit of lags. So, it seems to be a general problem, not only limited to GoPro Studio. But I am wondering why?! We got the same effect in openShot, too. Activated in nvidia settings but nothing really changed.