Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video

Okay the problem started of with a very slow playback in Quik. The videos didn't run smooth.

So I got the current version of quicktime from the Apple page -> Things didn't improve

So I deinstalled and reinstalled Quik -> Things got worse. I now only have sound but no picture

I tried running the programm in compatible mode -> No improvement

Dear GoPro support what can I do know?

I just need quick to get the HUD displays in. Do you offer an alternative?

Patrick

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video

@patrickz57343 - Do the videos play normally if you play them outside of Quik (in QuickTime, for example)? The most likely cause is that your drivers may need to be updated.

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Jeff,

playing the videos with the normal quicktime player or any other player works without any problems.

The drivers are all updated.

Patrick

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

This is sounding like an issue that our Support team can help you with. They can do a deep dive into your issues and try to find out exactly what's going on that keeping the videos from playing properly.

Please give our team a call and we'll try to get this taken care of with you. Our contact info is at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

6 weeks since i contacted support with a very similar issue, no solution. They told me to wait until they resolve. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 8.42.37 PM.png
Highlighted
Tourist

I too have the same issue.  Have been advised to upgrade OS to High Sierra - did so but problem persists.  Advised to uninstall and reinstall the Quik app ...did so, but problem persists.   Interestingly, a time lapse video plays fine in the app.

Has been 5 weeks since initial contact with support but no resolution at this point.   Have to say, I was considering purchasing a Hero6 Session but with this issue not being resolved, kind of sours me on getting another GoPro device.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@walterw14165 - Do the video files play with audio when you play them outside of Studio (ex. in Windows Media Player or Quicktime)?

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes - the files play fine (with both video and audio) in other video player applications (i.e.Quicktime and iMovie).

Regarding my earlier statement about a time lapse video playing fine, I went back and checked the file again and it is a time lapse, not a time lapse video.   I discovered this when asked to record a current time lapse video to see if it would play; I did and it would also not play in Quik so I went back and looked at the "Info" for the file and it's "Type"  is reported as Video H264 whereas the "type" for the other that will play is Time Lapse.