06-16-2016 07:39 AM
Sorry to hear that your having some trouble on Step 1. Based on your current setup, we often see this issue with new computers with the combination of BOTH your Intel 520 and Nvidia graphics card. First, we are going to manually update your Intel driver from the Intel website. GoPro Studio relies on Intel components to operate Step 1.
- First, download this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-?httpDown=https%3A%2F%2Fdownloadmirror.intel.com%2F25620%2Fa08%2Fwin64_154014.4352.zip link from the Intel website.
- Open file, unzip it, extract to downloads folder
- Open device manager
- Click Display adapters
- Double click on the particular card
- Click on driver tab
- Click Update driver
- Browse my computer for driver software
- Choose the bottom of the two position, “let me pick”
- Click Have Disk
- Click browse to download folder
- Go into the folder of the extracted file
- Go into the folder called graphics
- Click on a single .inf file. If more than one, pick the top one
- Click open
- Click OK
- Verify if the card is correct with the exact model (Intel 520)
- Click next
- At this point it should be currently installing
- After installation, open a new project and import a single file and verify if you are able to see playback on Step 1.
I hope this clear things up. Keep us posted on your results.
06-16-2016 08:45 AM
Thank you so much for your quick reply!
The problem is fixed now gopro is running with the Intel graphics card.
But why can't I use the obviously better Nvidia card? Is it just that Gopro only supports intel? It kind off sucks having a better one installed on my laptop while I still have to work with the stock one.
07-25-2016 03:23 PM
I cant seem to run the gopro desktop app on my computer. It plays sound but only shoes white for the video. What is weird the studio app seems to work fine. Attached please find information about my driver:
07-26-2016 08:23 AM
This is not solved, as just running compatibility mode does not work for me.
Attached is my diag file. PLZ help.
I have to process the video to get paid for shooting the video... but I can't convert it because it hangs at 0%
03-06-2017 08:28 AM - edited 03-06-2017 08:30 AM
I'm getting no love. The whole lot seems user unfriendly. I've tried it all and still only sound. I have a Gigabyte P35G V2.... Win 10 of course, I7, 860M, Intel 4600 integrated, some RAM, 4 HDDs (2 in RAID 0) etc.... blah blah blah.... Will there be a solution built in in newer versions?
03-07-2017 04:17 PM
If you're not seeing video, the first step is to make sure the drivers are up to date. Here are some steps to take:
- Right-click the Quik desktop icon
- Highlight "Run with Graphics Processor"
- Select the "Integrated" option. This would be the Intel Graphics card.
03-14-2017 07:52 AM
Unfortunately that doesn't work, that's why I posted. Everything is updated and everything here tht has been mentioned has been tried etc and still no sound............ For the prices charged for the gear one would expect top notch software to go with the cameras...