Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video - Mac Os sierra

I know this isn't a complete solution, but I was having the same issue.  I dropped one clip into the timeline and then without editing, I clicked on export.  After a second or two, my video came up on the preview screen.  I went back to step 2 and continued on with my editing and dropping in more videos.  Not sure what the hang up was, but it worked.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have agonized over the loss of Gopro Studio but have finally found a solution for my Hero Silver 4 and Macbook Pro.

I am using Quik to import the video to the desktop and then I use imovie on the Mac to edit the video 

It is quick and easy and superior to Gopro Studio so even with Gopro deciding to shut off Studio and then giving us an app that doesnt work right on the Mac things are still okay and maybe even better no thanks to Gopro

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

I have had the same problem.  I didn't manage to fix it but did find a way around it.  Double click on the video you want and then select open in studio.  You can then edit (and see) the video.  Once you have saved it the video plays normally.  Hope this helps.

Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for sharing @epicstoke12685,

That would help other users. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I was having the same problem.   I seem to have it working now.  In the upper right corner or GO PRO STUDIO is a box with a category called VIEW.  Mine was set to LEFT EYE.  I changed it to RIGHT EYE, and now it seems to be working.

Highlighted
Sightseer

YES!  The left eye/right eye setting was my problem too!  NOTHING to do with the graphics card on my Mac.  THANK YOU!