Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Sightseer

GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video - Mac Os sierra

Hi, I had imported my video from hero 5 black to Go pro Quik (mac Book). However, it plays sounds but not video. Kindly advise. Cheers

Thanks

GoPro Community Manager

Re: GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video - Mac Os sierra

@tbs87 - It's likely an issue with the graphics card/driver on your computer. If you are using a Windows computer, here are some steps that might help.

1. Right-click the Quik desktop icon
  2. Highlight "Run with Graphics Processor"
  3. Select the "Integrated" option. This would be the Intel Graphics card.

Thanks,

Jeff

Tourist

thats an answer for windows, what about mac

Nomad

i have the same problem with a couple of files from a jet ski trip yesterday, i was filming with the session 4 and hero 5 black, i imported several files from both cameras, one file from each seems to have this problem, i can watch the clips in quik but when i convert them on GoPro studio they only import the audio and no picture, other files from yesterday are fine and can be converted using studio, just the two files, one from the 4 session and one from the 5 black, i am using a macbook pro sierra os system ?

any idea @jefft

lee 

Tourist

Hi, I completely deleted Quik and reinstalled it. Everything works fine now, even video I created in gopro studio

Sightseer

I had the same problem, deleted and reinstalled Quik. But it did not solve the problem for me. HELP!

Sightseer

I have the same issue on my iMac, I have uninstalled Quik twice now but still only sound and no video playing, I have the latest IOS system and the videos play fine with Quicktime player but will not play in Quik. A fast response would be welcome from GoPro.

Sightseer

GoPro, this is an absolute issue.  Please fix, this has been happening to me for the better part of 6 months.  I now use your product less and am communicating to people frustrations at being able to use your product.