Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio plays sound only. No Video - Mac Os sierra

2018 and this problem seems to be ongoing

I have 2012 iMac running lastest High Sierra operating system. There are 17 apps installed that play and proccess video but only ONE does not work and that is Quik. All I get is black screen and audio. Tried uninstalling Quik and Studio and removing all the Quik/GoPro library files, rebooting and reinstalling Quik. No change. In fact now worse as discovered GoPro have dropped Studio (which did work) so cannot reinstall.

Tried video at 4K and 1080P from both 4 Silver and 6 Black. Same problem. All video plays perfectly in iMovie, Final Cut, Quicktime and VLC.

Now the really odd one. Quik on my first generation 12 inch MacBook works perfectly and this is a machine which reviews noted was not the best for video editing !!

The one real reason for buying the 6 black was GPS but without Quik I cant swe how I can make use of the GPS data an add gauges to the video. Looks like I am back to using my Garmin Virb. The Virb and its own editing program has always worked perfectly.

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs may be able to help you with this.

Highlighted
Tourist

A solution found and would be interested in any comment on this from GoPro.

As noted above I got to the point of deleting every GoPro/Quik related file I could find and installing Quik again but it still did not work and GoPro no longer offered Studio so lost that as well.

I always try to keep my software up to date but did a search for an old version of Studio on other download sites and the latest one I could find was a combined Studio and Quik installer. Downloaded and ran that and amazed to find that the version of Quik included worked properly and I now have Studio back as well.

As all my video files worked on every other app I used I can cofirm now that the Quik failure has nothing to do with graphics drivers or anything else on my system. Just a case of GoPro failing on their software updates.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Having the same problem. Media files in GoPro Quik have no image in editor/player display in Create mode on MacBook Air. Please advise.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Do you happen to remember where you found the link to the old software? I have about 6 months of video that I have been waiting to edit..

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for the post. I have the same problem. Feels like no one is keeping up with SW updates. Will try to delete everything and start over. Or I guess I will try to do it all in Premiere Pro.

Highlighted
Sightseer

How pathetic!  A problem that is clearly persistent across several users and the best you can do it tell us to "chat" with a customer service rep?  How about a solution.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I can't believe I wasted my money on this s***. Gopro this problem is ubiquitous among all your users, we should't have to call support to get your editing software to work. Does the word user friendly mean anything to you? no wonder your stock has plummeted.