Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio invalid file

[ New ]
I cannot begin to describe how much time and effort I put into this project. Over a span of a couple months, the hours I spent editing probably add up to a couple full days. I was no more than 1 1/2 hours away from finishing all the editing and this "failed save" problem threw me out of the program and now all my work is lost. GoPro studio is a joke. It glitches relentlessly, takes forever to do simple tasks, and seems to have a million ways to destroy an entire project at any moment. GoPro should be embarrassed to have such a terrible program attached to their name.
Anonymous

[ New ]

OK, have to admit, the suggestions given by ‘mowens’ made that I could finish the project. (in fact 3 projects because I made three parts of one very big movie)

rules to let this “program with issues” work:

1. Preferences : autosave interval: OFF - save manually (!)

2. Import not to much clips at once. Like ‘mowens’ suggested 10 should be fine however sometimes I imported more clips at once.

3. I think the most important is to remove the clips from the bin when you finished the trimming and converting. I think that’s te main reason for the errors. For me it worked also easyer. If needed, the converted clips can be easily imported again.

4. Sometimes when working with a textlabel the program just stopped with no warning, but after restarting it, the project was never dammaged because of that.

Thanks to 'mowens' for the help.

Hugo

Belgium

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello everyone, 

I have had the same isse with the 'Invalid File' in gopro studio. Each time I would try and open it, even after restarting my computor, it would give me a blank new project without my edit.

I managed to fix it! While in gopo studio I went to >File>Revert to: and chose the last saved version and opened it without any problem!

I have also turned off: Autosave since I have heard it may be one of the reasons it crashed.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Anonymous

[ New ]

UPDATE:

After using the Revert to: option in goprostudio, in order to open my project (Since i had the 'Invalid File' issue) I have had a few problems with the timeline.

I was unable to see the timeline, when opening it from Revert to: the timeline was blank-white and then it changed to a empty timeline. 

I tried saving it as a copy and thus far, when I open it as a copy, it has been working fine! 

Now, i have had some other issues, with exporting it in 4K but that is another story...Smiley Wink

Hope it helps folks!

Anonymous

[ New ]

Last night I face the same issue and I;m using the latest version of GoPro Studio. I lost 8 hours worth of work. GoPro please, fix this.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same thing just happened to me. Hours of editing down the tubes!! What a waste of time, wheres our compensation for time lost. $400 camera thats a waste of space because the software sucks!! Totally pissed off, and will not go with gopro anymore. If you can't make editing software that can handle any more than 10 clips you shouldn't be in the business, and if this continues you won't be in the business because word of mouth travels fast and reputaion is quickly getting tainted. Sort your **bleep** out gopro before you loose everything.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thank you superdive70431.  Problem solved using his advice.  Open the file and get that crazy, heart stopping "invalid account" message (Yes I thought I had wasted heaps of time time too).  However, for me and I'm sure it is the same for everyone else, the file opens in the background.  It is completely blank which is extremely stressful but don't panic!!!  Go to "File", "Revert to" and select "browse all versions".  I selected one a couple of versions back and hey presto I had my project back :) Phew!

I then saved it and made a copy of the file.  It has been stable for a couple of days now and I have made sure Time Machine on my Mac is working now.  It had ejected for some readon and hadn't backed anything up for 2 months!  Wow was I sweating and spitting blood for a few hours when I thought I had lost everything.

And now relax!

Anonymous

[ New ]

GOPRO ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!

I've just lost months and months of work. I've spent so many hours trawling through hundreds of clips, importing them, cropping them, converting them, created my video and was just alligning the music when gopro studio crashes and says my file is invalid. How is this possible? Where is my saved file, where are all my clips? I wasn't importing loads of videos to make it crash this is ridiculous. You have no idea how upset I am right now 6 months of hard work down the drain. I dont think I have the strength to re-do it, is there no way to recover it?

Pleassse anyone?