Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio invalid file

Hi sophiem30503

I had the same problem and the way it can be 'fixed' is to go to >File>Revert to: and chose the last saved version. 

I am sure this does not fix the issue but you can at least get to your project and hopefully export it.

I would suggest moving to a different editing system, in all honesty, sorry gopro. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Highlighted
Anonymous

It doesn't let me do that. If I go to revert to: the last saved date is unclickable and if I click browse previous versions it crashes and I have to force quit gopro studio :(

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi all,

this is so frustrating. I have the same problem like everyone here and it was really a lot of editing work. The program already crashed a lot of times. GoPro...are you serious? This program is a piece of **bleep**!!! I will not recommend GoPro anymore to anyone.

@Anonymous for me the same problem. When I click browse previous version the program crashes. Anyone can help?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is there any new solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, losing the time and energy is very, very frustrating. I suggest you read the post at 07-07-2016 02:22 AM; Then you read the next post at 09-30-2016 02:58 AM (and also 07-21-2016 12:05 PM - edited ‎07-21-2016 12:51 PM by 'mowens')   Until now I think, when the 'revert to' option does't work, the only possibility is to start over again and do it the way it's explained. Wish you the best,

hugon 5338

Highlighted
Anonymous

When in Go Pro studio:

-File

-Revert to

-Last saved

This worked for me thankfully!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Just lost 2 months worth of work.

Studio froze and shut down, said "error whilst saving" and when attempting to reopen the project I get "Invalid project file"

Having recently updated to the latest version of the software, it's not something I expect to happen, even if Autosave is active.

Frustrated is an understatement. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoyed is an understatement! Just wasted my weekend putting my movie together to come across this problem. Not good enough. Now I will spend another day at least re-editing.