Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio invalid file

Just happened to me while finishing up the project.  This is just pathetic; so disappointed in your product.  Should have stucked to Adobe.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've had this problem too. Something to do with the auto save feature I believe. Has this been sorted yet?!
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Please make sure you are running the latest version of the GoPro Studio (v. 2.5.10). It's found in our Quik for Desktop software.

If you are running that version and are still having issues, please reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can troubleshoot the issues with you.

Thanks,
Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Gopro studio 2.5.10 didn't fix this issue. Editing the clip would crash every other min (just by adding title and doing playback), and finally i got the Invalid project. I've sent an email to gopro about this. My colleague told me not to use gopro studio, but didn't say why.. now i know... 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Were you ever able to figure out a solution for this? I just had mine crash and unable to open it due to an invalid file. This has been my 3rd attempt working on this project and have put in hours and hours of work into it.
Idk if I should cry or completely give up on gopro and go with someone else.
Please tell me there is a solution to be able to recover it.
Highlighted
Sightseer

And how do you suggest I get those hours of time editing the footages. This is common sense that the converted files are going to be there, everyone knows that. This whole situation is not just disappointing it's ridiculous. Having a software out there with such a major fault is not a joke and the time and work we put into it are worth a lot. For future, come up with a better explanation and stop giving worthless advice. 

Highlighted
Tourist

there's no workaround for this... I've started my project all over again, but this time, i make duplicate everytime i save it so when the file gets corrupted, i still have the prev file to work with again.

I tried to switch to iMovie, but i have a problem that my external had drive was formmated with exFat partition and iMovie only works with Journaled partition. So i'm stuck with goPro studio.

This software is a complete piece of s**t.. It's embarassing to even launch a product as s***ty as this. Whoever managed this project should be fired!!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

Admin, pls reopen this issue, it's NOT solved.