Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Explorer

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

@hindesite @bhero

I'd love to help, but I only use GoPro Studio and occasionally Windows movie maker.

Of course, now I'm trying the mobile route with Quik, but that doesn't help either Man Wink

Daniel

Hiker

@bhero wrote:

Hi @hindesite, those are some epic shots you have there. In regards to the thread I mentioned earlier, you are correct that it is not a similar issue. It was meant for users that may be experiencing an issue similar to what recmcov7301 was experiencing, but good eye!

Glad to hear that GoPro Studio is working well for you. You will almost always have a smoother playback when playing the converted file in Step 2. So just keep in mind that Step 1 is mainly to view and trim your clips. Step 2 is where you do most of your editing and will be easier to playback your videos.

There are other ways to convert your files but unfortunately we do not support other converters. Maybe other users like @danielr15, may have some options for you to try?

Thanks for the comment, and yes - Studio works fine for editing, just can't preview any clips at present.

For example, in my last project, I imported and converted 70+ clips in one go with minor issues, and generally worked OK once I moved to editing; just couldn't view, play or trim in Stage 1.

How do I use the Cineform codec in other applications for conversion outside of Studio? I realise that GoPro doesn't support converters outside of Studio as such, but as the owners of the Cineform codec, surely GoPro supports use of the codec elsewhere in the Windows system. I used to be able to access a restricted version (up to FHD only, no 4K) of CIneform in Avidemux, for example.

Anonymous

Hello,

Im having the same problem, when i Play the vdeo or try to convert it starts to crash. I have Windows 10 pc

Capture.PNG
Explorer

I'm sorry to hear that @Anonymous

Do you have the latest GoPro Desktop app installed and did you check your video drivers?

Also, for me, I found that I had less issues when I run the program as administrator.

Hopefully the community will be able to help you get running.  You should also contact GoPro Support via their email option.

Daniel

Tourist

I just updated to the new version GoPro Studio 2.5.8/ GoPro Desktop 1.3.0 and Quick time 7.7.9 and now I am experiencing constant crashes with the studio.   I get Go Pro Studio is non responsive when I try to import video files, open existing projects.  I have windows 10 on my PC and since I updated to the new versions of Go Pro I have had nothing but problems.  Older version worked just fine.  What is the solution here... Do I try to go back to an older version or is there a fix coming out soon since the new product was only launched 27 days ago

Anonymous

Having the same issue, I have the newest version but says it does not work with 32 bit Windows 10. My laptop is 64 bit but it crashes before it even loads. 

The program is unless to me right now, I can't edit anything at all. 

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with windows 10 its alwas the same scenario. I run Go Pro Studio import file when i changing the quality and clik OK GPS crash every time. Ive installed quick time, tried to run with admin priviledges and with windows 7 compatibility. Its new fresh HP laptop.

Anonymous

Hello, I am having this same problem. I had windows 7 and go pro studio would crash and/or take forever to load. I had finally completed my video and had it saved, it even autosaved. The next day the newest updated version of my video had dissapeared so i had to re-edit, not problem at the time. Now I can no longer even upen up go pro studio. It continues to tell me that it has "stopped working" but windows never seems to find the problem to fix it. I have tried uninstalling and re installilng go pro studio, i have upraded to the newest edition, and now upgraded to windows 10 which has made my computer way worse and go pro studio still is not working. Not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Ashley