Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

[ New ]

Hi

I'm also very frustrated by this.  Here are my answers to the questions posed:

1. It hangs, then says to reinstall GoPro Studio while trying to convert a clip from Step 1 to Step 2.

2. ASUS laptop, Windows 10

3. I never get to Step 2.  

4. Yes, it crashes and requires a uninstall/reinstall every time I use it.

5. I've only ever tried to use GoPro footage plus stills from a Canon DSLR, but would like to use it with video shot with my Canon too if we can get this fixed.

Last month this software crashed a lot, but it used to work...

Thanks in advance for any help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

I understand it can be frustrating, but let's try to help out. First off, let's make sure you have the latest version of GoPro Studio v.2.5.8.2130 that was released based on 3/31. After installation, let's go over a test project and convert a sample clip.

First open GoPro App for Desktop and select the GoPro videos that you would like to import/convert as you are planning to send those videos into a GoPro Studio project.

The process is described based on this support article

1. After sending the clips to GoPro Studio, please make sure have the advance settings set to SOURCE for both Image Size and Frame Rate and leave everything else the same. Close that window afterwards
  2. Also change the Save To file path to a new folder that you can create on the Desktop. Once the file path is set, add the clip to the conversion list. Then convert from there. 
  3. If the problem still is occurring, please reply back with a screenshot of the error message of Step 1 and the overall Step 1 window.

Please keep us posted with your results.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi there

I've found my way to this topic since I'm having trouble at getting GoPro Studio to work on my new Windows 10 laptop. I bought a Dell XPS 15 with GeForce GTX 960M, 16GBRAM DDR4 and an UHD screen. Should be perfect for video editing I would say but GoPro studio fails the test so far.

1. GoPro Studio gets into trouble right from the start when I try to import video's. It takes a while to even load a single video (shot with GoPro 3+ Black Edition). When I press play during the import and convert step the screen freezes, GoPro Studio needs to restart, tells me it saved my work but that doesn't matter since both loading the old project or starting a new one makes the program freeze up again once I press any button in the software.
  2. My Dell was preinstalled with Windows 10 and both Windows and the Dell bios have been updated to the latest version. I've also downloaded a brandnew GoPro Studio version from the official website (twice by now).
  3. The crash happens during Step 1
  4. The crashing issue occurs every single time
  5. I'm working with 1st party footage from a GoPro camera

Additional info:

• GoPro Studio seems to make the whole system more unstable. The first time I installed GoPro Studio and I tried to browse the maps (windows explorer) on my pc kept running into "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libary" errors. Those errors kept occuring until I uninstalled GoPro Studio. After uninstalling GoPro Studio I installed a big codec pack and reinstalled GoPro Studio after that. This killed the "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libary" error but didn't help with the crashing GoPro Studio itself.
  • I have a UHD screen so at first I thought that GoPro Studio might not be compatible with it (tip to the developers: GoPro Studio doesn't scale well on 4K screens... the timeline becomes super tiny!). But even when I restart the laptop in 1080p mode the problem remains.

So what can I do to solve this? Working on my GoPro video's is one of the major reasons I bought this device in the first place. I would really want to get GoPro Studio to work on my laptop...

Werner

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on your system specs and if you have more than one graphics card (Intel 530 & Nvidia 960), have you tried to right click the GoPro Studio Desktop Icon and hover the mouse over the option "Run with graphics processor" and choose either "High Performance Nvidia Processor" or "Integrated graphics".

Lastly, did you make sure to update your Quicktime Player for Windows is updated to the latest version 7.7.9

Keep us posted on your results. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Jasonc

Forgot to mention but Quicktime was updated to the latest version. However I did try your suggestion to indicate with which graphics processor I should run GoPro and this solved the issue (mostly). I've tried both:

• Intel 530: imports the clips smoothly and I could trim and convert a few test clips succesfully
  • Nvidia 960: imports the clips quite fast but when I play them they're all black. I get sound but that's it.

I would have expected it to be the other way around. Any idea on why the Nvidia 960 does this?
Already thanks for the help by the way! I can get started with the Intel 530 now.

Werner

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi

I  having this problem too , the Gopro studio crashes if itry to change the seetings from AVI to MOV or if i try to convert videos.

They import videos only from the SDcard not from a file who i have create in the desktop 

Please for help

Thank you

Filippos

PS sorry for my englisch

My PC is a Lenovo I3 with 4GB RAM WIN10

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hello dear all,

please for your kind assistance. I own a hp 250 G4 laptop, windows 10 (x64), Core i5 5200 cpu, Intel hd graphics 5500 (version 20.19.15.4360), Ram 4gb, Quick time 7.7.9 installed and gopro studio latest version 2.5.8.2130...

i am able to import videos (from hard disk C or even F) in step one, image and frame rate always by default on source mode and directory to save video is on desktop. i manage to add videos on convertion list but when choose "convert all" then receive message (attached) that go pro stoped working and once windows fins a solution i ll be advised...

forgot to mention that right clicked shortcut on desktop, where confitm that comabatility box is unclicked but even when chose win7 ot win8 still no result.

for your info also crashes if i try to amend file format (on advanced settings) to mov instead of avi at moment i press ok (2nd attachment)

Spent hours to search for a solution on net (even tried to delete the appsettings file again with no result...) but i feel desperate/angry  and your assistance would be highly appreciated to finally solve matter...

Thanks in advance for spending your time to read my post.

gopro studio crash.jpg
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi There,

My GoPro Studio also seems to be crashing whenever I want to upload my previous movie I am in the middle of editing.

I have tried all the suggestions and nothing has seemed to work.  I have videos from my GoPro and a Nikon D3100 on my movie I am trying to create.  It was working fine before until the other day when I tried to save and exit GoPro Studio and it would not close I had to force close it  after it staying open all night with no changes. Luckily the App did an Auto save on my file.  I am hoping that I can recover my old video without having the GoPro Studio crashing and save me the trouble from restarting from the beginning. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Screenshot (2).png