Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

@bhero wrote:

Hi @hindesite, how about when you move to Step 2? Are you able to playback your videos without any issue? Are you able to move your videos to the storyboard to create content?

If you are having an issue similar to @Anonymous, check out this thread.

@bhero  Step 2 works fine, GoPro Studio works 99% perfectly for me when editing, now - it is very, very good. Export also seems to work fine. The initial conversion process is problematic, and there seem to be more issues with file compatability. I really need to mix output from different cameras.

What other options are available for conversion to Cineform, that can be done outside of Studio?

The other thread doesn't seem related to this, installation was no problem at all.

studio 2.png

Explorer

@hindesite

I just had to jump in here and tell you that the shots you have in the screenshot are beautiful!  I hope you can share some links to the videos you are puting together!

Daniel

Hiker

@danielr15 wrote:

@hindesite

I just had to jump in here and tell you that the shots you have in the screenshot are beautiful!  I hope you can share some links to the videos you are puting together!

Daniel

Thanks @danielr15, those shots are a work in progress (or not - lots of stuff I never have time to edit and put online) but there is similar on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr045I6HnJA-sZeFib6fev

Also on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/hindesite/videos

Those who use Studio will recognise the templates where they are used. I'm a BIG fan of templates, and they work so well for getting watchable video - for example, Noddy Eats Breakfast and Jumping Chino would otherwise likely be quite pedestrian, and I generally find that my template based video is better (more watchable) than my other videos produced in Studio (or any editor).

In my experience (I've used other editors, and currently figuring out Resolve), Studio is unsurpassed because it has a usable interface and templates; the negatives being general and ongoing unreliability and the pain of having to transcode to Cineform.

The shots in the screenies above are the view from my front lawn :-) and in fact almost all my video is taken within 100 metres of my house. I'm so, so lucky.

Explorer

@hindesite

Thanks, I'll be sure to follow you, and yes you are "so lucky."  What a view!

Daniel

Explorer

@hindesite

I was able to follow the video link but the YouTube link came up empty, "that channel doesn't exist."

The videos I did see in Vimeo are great! I hope you are posting these to the GoPro awards. You have some great shots and I love how you used the templates! Great execution👍

I look forward to seeing more of your work and I highly recommend to anyone who is reading this to go and check it out.

Thanks for sharing,

Daniel

Hiker

@danielr15 wrote:

@hindesite

I was able to follow the video link but the YouTube link came up empty, "that channel doesn't exist."

Oops, my bad - try https://www.youtube.com/user/rjhinde/videos

I just make these for fun, nothing serious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ogww9oAdI

Noddy eats her breakfast. Eventually. :-) She's a lovely little cat and is very happy and healthy, despite appearances. Please consider making a donation to ...
Explorer

@hindesite

Nicely done. I've shared on my Facebook. Keep up The good work👍

Daniel

GoPro

Hi @hindesite, those are some epic shots you have there. In regards to the thread I mentioned earlier, you are correct that it is not a similar issue. It was meant for users that may be experiencing an issue similar to what recmcov7301 was experiencing, but good eye!

Glad to hear that GoPro Studio is working well for you. You will almost always have a smoother playback when playing the converted file in Step 2. So just keep in mind that Step 1 is mainly to view and trim your clips. Step 2 is where you do most of your editing and will be easier to playback your videos.

There are other ways to convert your files but unfortunately we do not support other converters. Maybe other users like @danielr15, may have some options for you to try?