Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

they could just write it themselves, probably have an army of coders ;)

Explorer

I'm sure they can but it would be nice if they paid you a little tribute Man Happy

Anonymous

New to GoPro but am having the same problem here.

Brand new laptop bought especially for gopro editing. i7, 6700hq, 8gb RAM, and 960m nvidia graphics card.  Should be more than enough to cope with the software.

My problem is once i have imported my recordings. In the view and trim section 1, i can watch the footage and add the to the conversion list. However at random times. This will just not stop working. The screen has not froze but some of the clip in view and trim will go black.

I can not select any to watch as it will just not work

This may happen after just sending 2 clip to be converted or 10.  Saving does not work as once I reload project the problem is still there.

I have tried different compatable modes, changing some settings, all drivers and software up to date. And have tried opening with graphics card set to nvidia high performance..This just plays the audio but no video for some reason.

Losing the plot now on what to do. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Guys

I came acroos this thread by a google search of 'go pro crashing'.   I am having the same problem (please see above post)

Last night I had a perfect run on go pro studio without any crashing whatsoever for the first ever time.  What I did was nothing special but seemed to work.

I imported all my clip directly from sd card in camera. 172 in total.

I then went through the clips I did not want to use and removed them from the list.

Then,  by pressing control button i selcted all clips in one whole batch and sent to the conversion list.

Converted and then edited each clip to how i wanted.

Now, i have never got through more than 10 clips being sent to the conversion list before crashing.  I have trimmed clip in the trim and view section 1 and then at random times each video clip goes black and I am unable to select a clip as it wont let me.

The way I have done it seems to be a workaround and the problem lies with sending over clips to the conversion list bit by bit.  It not a real solution but I hope you guys may get some use out of this if you are having problems.

Anonymous

I just bought a windows 10 laptop (I7, 960M) and tried to install go pro studio. I tried to install it, but it keeps giving errors. 

Secondary problem; I am not able to uninstall it, it gives the following errors: "Error 15E"  and after that "Error 8007015E"

Can you please help me with 2 things:

1) how to uninstall go pro studio?

2) how to reinstall go pro studio so it works?

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

gopro 1.jpg

gopro 2.jpg

Hiker

@Anonymous wrote:

New to GoPro but am having the same problem here.

Brand new laptop bought especially for gopro editing. i7, 6700hq, 8gb RAM, and 960m nvidia graphics card.  Should be more than enough to cope with the software.

My problem is once i have imported my recordings. In the view and trim section 1, i can watch the footage and add the to the conversion list. However at random times. This will just not stop working. The screen has not froze but some of the clip in view and trim will go black.

I can not select any to watch as it will just not work

This may happen after just sending 2 clip to be converted or 10.  Saving does not work as once I reload project the problem is still there.

I have tried different compatable modes, changing some settings, all drivers and software up to date. And have tried opening with graphics card set to nvidia high performance..This just plays the audio but no video for some reason.

Losing the plot now on what to do. 

I'm seeing a similar kind of behaviour, on this latest release - don't recall seeing it with previous ones.

Sometimes when I add a clip, I lose the ability to view clips properly, though audio still plays.

Studio looks like this:

studio display.png

Skylake with GTX970m, so reasonable hardware.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @hindesite, how about when you move to Step 2? Are you able to playback your videos without any issue? Are you able to move your videos to the storyboard to create content?

If you are having an issue similar to @Anonymous, check out this thread.