Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Explorer

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous@Anonymous@Anonymous

My GoPro Studio was crashing on my Dell laptop with Windows 10.  I ran Dell's updater to get the most current drivers for my laptop and set GoPro Studio to, "Run as administrator" (you can find this option by right clicking on the GoPro Studio shortcut icon on your desktop).  I have seldom had an issue with GoPro Studio since.  The only time I experience any crash is when I have a long video with a lot of Flux slow motion and I am exporting into a movie.

I hope this helps,

Daniel

Highlighted
Explorer

@Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous 

One other setting I've forgotten to mention in my other post re: windows 10 crashing. I disabled auto save and that seemed to help.
This is found under edit>preferences>auto save - off

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have the same problem, go pro studio crash when i try to change anything in the advanced settings and when i push the button to convert the files.

Cheers.

Hiker

@michaelr0653 wrote:

I have GoPro Studio installed on WIndows 10. I can edit video however, the application crashes a lot. Any ideas on why this is happening?

I've been experiencing this for YEARS and find it to be pretty frustrating. Up until a few days ago, and finding this thread, my current GPS installation was crashing every few minutes, corrupting the autosave files, etc. I think more creativity was spent on figuring out how to work around GPS issues that in the actual video editing!

I have never, ever had a stable installation of GPS, until now.

I do not believe the selected answer is correct (at least, it certainly wasn't in my case). I find that GPS fails in different ways on different hardware that I own, and in fact was completely unusable on my 17R3 Alienware (which is a decent spec system).

What I have found that works, however, is to use the latest version that is bundled with the GoPro App - works like a charm, and I have had days of uptime and editing in GPS with no failures or crashes whatsoever.

I have compatibiltiy mode set to Windows 7, and despite being low on space on my C drive, have installed to the default location. Only upgrading to the very latest version made any difference. Looks to me that GoPro have finally fixed some major issues with GPS, and not before time.

Many thanks to Gopro for doing this; GPS is by far and away the easiest way to throw together quick videos and none of the alternatives I've tried come close.

Now, if only it was easier to import video from other cameras (some of us don't use GoPros exclusively) and if only there was a wider range of templates to choose from...

Anonymous

I made a tool for saving myself out when GPS crashes: http://cropla.com/ga4gps/

Explorer

Very cool! I'll check it out, thanks 😁

Small note, in the description under, "How it works" step 3. You wrote "botto" when I'm sure you meant, "bottom."

Daniel
Anonymous

Super nice of you to point out the typo, thank you, and I already fixed it.
Hope you find it useful, because I won't ever even start my GoPro Studio without this tool like EVER again. I almost cried yesterday, and I wish I came up with this tool earlier. GoPro should include something like that bundled with their software, could run as a service in the background or something. Like a super simplistic version control.

Explorer

Who knows, maybe they will buy it from you, that would be cool!