Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

I've been having the exact same issue still. No resolution yet it seems. I loved it when it worked. Incredibly irritating.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous,

At which point is it crashing? Could you provide us with some details of when and is it reproducible every time? List down your steps and we can try to recreate it?

Highlighted
Anonymous

My GoPro Studio stops responding on any click for serveral seconds (or minutes), even trying to open an menu. I reinatalled the latest version and is the same. I'm running Windows 10 as well.

It asks about loading an autosaved before starting but I choose no.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I got a solution for myself: on the shortcut to GoPro Studio, change compatibilty mode to Windows 7 and it will work fine...

Highlighted
Anonymous

mirces687, that's a good tip but it didn't work for me. I was told a workaround for my problem was converting entire vids at step 1 and trimming them in step 2. I'm waiting on a fix from tech support and will keep posted on that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

Situation is as follows:

The PC is an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook and it has been upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has two graphics cards, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 7690M.

I have Swedish version of Windows, but the user profiles do not contain any special characters. It is local users, so not connected to mail accounts.

I uninstalled GoPro and rebooted.

I tried to create a new user but got an error when trying to login (user profile service failed the logon windows 10), this seems to be a common problem according to the google result and it is not solved, but probably not what is causing GoPro to not working. Still, it stopped me from creating a new user as you suggested, so I used another existing user (also no special characters) and downloaded and installed the latest GoPro version.

GoPro started when I was logged in as this user, but as soon as I double-clicked a clip to see it I got BSOD.

When logged in as my normal user (tested before and after the BSOD) GoPro will not start at all.

However, GoPro Studio now starts, and I can import, view and export clips as long as they are not 4K. This is because I changed which graphic card it should use. When running Windows 7 I had it configured using AMD because only then could I import and edit 4K clips. Now I changed it to use Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I can then handle the FHD clips but not 4K.

I also can export on the Mac, found that the problem there was with the USB-disk having NTFS, when exporting to another 128 GB USB-stick it worked.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I currently have the same problem! I'm running on Windows10 and all drivers/applications are updated on the newest version. Since I have downloaded the new gopro desktop app, the behaviour improved and the crashes were less frequent. Yet, the gopro studio still crashes quite often. I would highly appreciate an update which fixes this issue.

(setting the compatibilty mode to Windows 7 as a user suggested did not work for me)

Highlighted
GoPro

@Anonymous,

I would like to ask you the following questions. 

1. Could you give us some details on when it crashes?
  2. What operating system are you working with?
  3. Is this crashing happening on Step 1, Step 2, or Step 3?
  4. Is this crashing issue reproducible every time?
  5. Are you working with 3rd party footage that are not from a GoPro camera?

Remember each user has their own workflow with several different configurations on their system. Based on these issues, most of the time it could be a user workflow or system update configurations. Keep us posted with your results.