Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Desktop
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: GoPro Studio crashes on Windows 10

Same problem here, Studio will (Not Responding) all the time..   Using 2 different hero 2 cameras.  Step 1 will just freeze up,  restart project.  Step 2 using blank template freezes up,  restart project..  I save before every step ,  and at each phase of my project, adding sound etc,  as it is guaranteed to freeze up.

Highlighted
Anonymous

We have been dealing with this issue for almost a year!! We have windows 10 and updates the gopro software and it crashes on step 2 on the videos. We have called go pro twice and they walk us through and fix it for a little bit then a couple months later it does the same thing!!! Go pro please do a update and fix this mess!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

It appears that I have resolved my GoPro Studio (version 2.3.0.5383) freezing issue in Windows 10 by changing it to be compatable with Windows 8.  It took me a few hours to figure this out. First I changed it to Windows 7 per a previous post saying that was a solution that worked.

My issue with the GoPro Studio was that it would freeze/lock when I added an audio/music file to my edited video in Stage 2. When I would try to further edit the clips so that the music and video would sync in transitions the system would immediately freeze. In Windows 10 I would get the "not responding" in the upper menu bar. When I changed it to Windows 7 compatability it would allow me to splice once or twice before it froze (no error message or "not responding" message. My clicks stopped working. Now that I've changed it to Windows 8 compatability everything appears to be working well. I will update this post if it changes.

My system is an Asus ROG Strix GL753VE running an i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, with 16.0 GB RAM. My program is installed on my SSD drive but all my video files are stored on my 1TB HHD which runs at 5400 RPM. My Windows 10 is updaded with all the current updates even for the recent Ransome Ware attach that occured starting last Friday (May 12th).

Good luck to all of you having issues with Studio!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well, so much for that solution. Woman Sad Ultimately it doesn't work as eventually it will freeze on me and the program no longer responds as I continue to edit clips to match the transitions of the music. Like with Windows 7 compatability I don't get a "not responding" message. The only way for me to close the program is to End Task it in Task Manager. Shame on you GoPro for having such a buggy software!  It's definatly the program and not the computer as I'm able to open the web and surf, open other programs such as MS Word and work in them and even have Cortana answer questions...all while GoPro Studio is frozen.

Highlighted
Explorer

I find that working with files stored on the Desktop works much better.  I create a folder on the Desktop for my working files and in step 1 convert the files to this folder.  I have also found that wav files are much more stable than mp3/mp4 files so you might want to try audio files in that format.  If you are adding any text, only create one text box.  You can use it in several places in your project so don't create more than one.  Be sure to clear all the files from the left and right pane in Step 1 and then save the project. Close the program, restart your computer and then move on to Step 2.  This will minimize the load the program puts on the computer.  Leave the playback in step 2 at 1/2 or 1/4 resolution (it has no effect on your final video but takes less system resources).  Try to not have more than 10 files loaded in the left pane of Step 2 and clear files from the pane when you are no longer using them (it will not effect the clips loaded into the timeline).  Once you are done editing, clear everything from the left pane and save-restart again. After the restart, export the video in Step 3 to a folder on the desktop.  You should have no files loaded in the side panes, only the timeline. Once you are done you can delete the converted files and move the saved video to any folder you wish.

You have a pretty powerful machine but do limit slow motion and if you use Flux, it's sometimes better to make these clips seperately and then insert the newly created file into the project already with the slow motion applied.  Flux should never be more than a few seconds.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Super disappointed by this software.

I have a brand new Acer Swift 3 with Windows 10:

- Studio crashes during conversion (the classic Cineform error)

- Conversion is super slow

Basically, the app is hardly impossible to use.

Highlighted
Explorer

Do you have the i5 or i7? Unfortunately you really want a quad core for video editing although a dual core i7 will work, although slowly. This isn't just for Studio but just about any editing software. 3D modeling and video editing are computer killers.

Quoting Trusted Reviews regarding the Swift 3 (note, the computer got a high score, just not for editing)
"
Those regularly doing heavy computing tasks such as editing video will want more power – but again, this isn’t the calibre of machine you should be looking at for such tasks."
Read more at http://trustedreviews.com/acer-swift-3-review-performance-battery-life-and-verdict-page-2#DAUbOCxoKg...

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

It is an i5 but Filmora works perfectly fine on the same computer.

Note that the conversion process is buggy: if I have 300 MB video and I want to extract 10 seconds, it is fast.

If I have 4 GB video and I want to extract 10 seconds, it lasts super long. There should not be such difference given the Swift has 8 GB RAM.